16.

Excuse any mistakes. Adrian in the mm.

LA
Next afternoon

"Sure you can do anything when talking or writing, it's not like living when you can only do what you doing."

Sapphire

After finishing her Chemistry exam, Nia throws her bag over her shoulder and walks out of the classroom. She looks at her phone to check if Adrian texted her back.

He backed out of the talk last night with his mom and hers with no explanation. She sighs when she sees that he did not respond.

She drops her phone into her purse, pulling out her keys. It's lunch time and she just wants some lemon pepper wings.

The Chemistry exam did not go her way and she knew her Mom would be on her ass about it. Right on time, her phone rings and she reaches down for her phone again. She hopes it Adrian, but sees that it's her mom.

She sighs dramatically before answering. "Hey Mommy."

"Hey baby girl, want me to come pick you up so we can grab lunch?"

Nia lifts her eyebrows up curiously. "Just you and I?"

"Mhmm." Naomi hums. "It's been a while. I've done lunch with everyone except you."

Nia shrugs, never turning down a free meal. "Sure, really didn't feel like driving anyway."

"Okay, well, I'm already out here." Naomi laughs slightly. "Figured you wouldn't turn down food you don't have to pay for."

Nia smiles to herself. "You know me well. I'll be out in two minutes."

"Bet." Naomi responds before she hangs up. Nia looks at the phone with a face, not liking the fact that Naomi was trying to be hip. She rolls her eyes and head towards the exit door.

"Nia!" Miyah yells behind her causing her to pause and look back. "Where you going?"

"Lunch with my mom." Nia looks at her as she finally catches up to her.

"Ugh, seems like I have to take this dude's offer." Miyah says with an eye roll.

Nia looks at her curiously. "Who?"

"That football player I was telling you about." Miyah nudges her. "I think he caught feelings and that's not what I was going for. Just was there for a good time and not a long time."

"Ummm, Miyah, are you using protection?" Nia mumbles lowly.

"Girl! Who do you think I am?!" Miyah looks at her. "I'm on birth control and I use condoms. Hell, I damn near push niggas outta me when I you know.."

Nia shakes her head. "Tmi."

Miyah smirks at her and shrugs her shoulders. "You asked."

"I just want to make sure you're being safe. We don't need another Mara situation or God forbid, a STI or STD." Nia starts back walking and Miyah walks beside her.

"No worries." Miyah looks at her. "Wait, you talking like I'm just out here all willy nilly."

Nia makes a face. "Well,"

"Nia." Miyah kisses her teeth. "I am offended."

"Everyone has hoe friends, Miyah. You're the hoe friend." Nia explains and Miyah eyes widens. "Oh, come on."