• one

Not all girls are
made of sugar and spice
and everything nice
Some girls are made of adventure,
a fine beer, brains,
and no fear

Not all girls are made of sugar and spiceand everything niceSome girls are made of adventure,a fine beer, brains,and no fear

        "This dueling club will begin in October, there will be a session per week. Only fifth to seventh years are allowed to sign up," Dumbledore instructed as he gazed at the four students who stood awkwardly before the Headmaster's desk. "There's still a month left. That way you can prepare your lessons to properly teach the students instead of catching them off guard with spells they're not familiar with." He looked at James and Sirius with an amused smile as he uttered that last comment.

       "Excuse me, Professor?" Remus shyly raised his hand, clearing his throat before voicing his doubt, "why didn't you assign a teacher to do this?"

        Dumbledore nodded understandingly before explaining, "This is considered an extracurricular activity, Mr. Lupin, and the teachers are busy enough as it is, so I figured it was time for the four of you to show off your remarkable skills. Of course, I'll completely understand if any of you declines." But he knew they wouldn't. That's why those specific four students were standing in front of him, because they had the character and the will to fight, to make a move and incite change. They had a hunger to do right, all of them driven by their own personal reasonings.

        "I'll do it," Alexis stepped forward with her head held high, unhesitatingly giving Dumbledore a reply. "I'm in."

        "Very well," Dumbledore smiled kindly at her, a knowing look reflected in his eyes, before redirecting his gaze to the three young men. "Gentlemen?"

        "We're in," answered James, speaking on behalf of all three, Sirius and Remus simply nodded in confirmation.

        "Okay then, we will further discuss this matter later," he nodded politely, "now off to bed, sleep awaits you." And just like that, the Headmaster's attention shifted elsewhere, making the four students exit his office with similar quizzical expressions on their faces. An incredibly awkward and tense silence followed the group as they made their way down the stairs. Alexis could tell James and Sirius were beyond skeptical about her being included in the ordeal, but she believed Remus was far more reasonable than them and would make the entire experience a tad more pleasant.

        "I'm glad they chose you as well," Remus broke the silence, looking down at her with a friendly and warm smile, "heard your dueling skills were legend," he added with a smirk plastered on his face, causing his two friends to direct a scowl his way.

        "Non-verbal and wandless magic usually does the trick for me, but I'm sure you guys know a ton more spells than me," she replied. She couldn't deny how out of place she felt walking beside three of the most popular and mischievous students to ever grace Hogwarts. She wasn't particularly known for being the friendliest around, and the contrast in character she had with the three boys was simply odd.