• thirty two

Yesterday I was clever,
so I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise,
so I am changing myself.

Dear father,         It is safe to assume you've returned from Azkaban by the time you read this letter

Dear father,
        It is safe to assume you've returned from Azkaban by the time you read this letter. I am sure you weren't expecting to come home to an empty, dirty house, but in your absence I've decided that I want more in life than to care after you and brother until death takes me. I will not wait nor care for you or Morfin anymore for I am a married woman and have a family of my own to look after now. I guess this is the correct time to inform you of my marriage to Tom Riddle.

        I know that, in your eyes, I have committed the greatest dishonor by marrying a muggle but I found it impossible, and honestly quite absurd, to fight the love I feel for Tom. We love each other very much, so forgive me father, but I do not care about your disapproval.

        I'm sure you and Morfin will find a way to look after yourselves. You're pureblood wizards, after all. Take care, both of you, and don't worry about me. As long as I got Tom by my side I'll be okay.

Sincerely,
Merope

Sirius whistled from behind Alexis, his head resting on her shoulder as he took a look at the newly fixed note. "That's tragic." He pushed himself off from her while continued inspecting her mother's note. "She was quite the loony, wasn't she?" asked Alexis. The torn parchment had been sitting at the bottom of her bag for over a week, long forgotten after the many occurrences that had happened which had taken over her mind. It wasn't until she stumbled upon them during her study session out by the lake with Remus, and interrupted by Sirius, that she remembered she had saved the pieces for later inspection.

"It's even more sad if you consider how things actually played out." Sirius leaned back on a tree with his hands behind his head and his legs sprawled in front of him, not even attempting to join his friends in their studying time. "So... has either one of you heard about the massive crush Lisa, the fifth year Hufflepuff, apparently has on me?" He completely disregarded how they were both already occupied. "Please say yes, I need to talk about it."

"Heard a thing or two." Alexis muttered, her hand hurriedly scribbling as she answered before stopping to take a look at Remus' notes. "Yeah," murmured Remus. "How she has a picture of you in her bedside table and told all of her family that she's dating you. You know, fun stuff like that."

"Do you think it's true?" Asked Sirius, unbothered by the attention, or lack of, that he was receiving from his friends. "Because if so I'm flattered but also a little creeped out."

Alexis sighed while lifting a shoulder in a half shrug, "maybe, maybe not." But those three words weren't enough to calm Sirius' curiosity. "Was there any polyjuice potion left?"