• forty six

I guess
we are both angels
in each other's stories
and demons
in our own context

I guesswe are both angels in each other's storiesand demonsin our own context

TRIGGER WARNINGSensitive content: Torture, Blood, Murder

TRIGGER WARNING
Sensitive content: Torture, Blood, Murder.

The building standing ahead of them didn't necessarily hold unpleasant memories, but like many other children, the Riddles never considered the orphanage they grew up in a home. Growing up there was nothing but an inconvenience that came accompanied with a cruel reminder of the fate they had suffered.

It was an early Saturday morning, which meant many of Wool's kids were already on their way to the mall or the park for their weekly trip. But the Riddles also knew from experience that Ms. Cole stayed behind with those who had misbehaved during the week and had lost the opportunity to go on the same boring and repetitive trip they made every weekend.

The siblings stood across the street, looking at the shabby building with obvious displeasure. "Why are we here again?" Alexis scratched the back of her head, not exactly thrilled to be wasting her limited time with Tom in that place.

Tom sighed, his gaze set ahead instead of looking at her. "You're turning seventeen this summer, which means you'll be of age in the wizarding world. Unfortunately, Ms. Cole wants to be a despicable pain in the ass and is refusing to release you until you're eighteen, like the rest of the muggles, which is bullshit because I got released when I was seventeen."

"They just couldn't tolerate you any longer." Alexis added nonchalantly, the annoyed side-eye Tom gave her making her giggle.

"I filed to become your legal guardian." He said, as if the news were just common chatter, as if Alexis' entire world hadn't stopped for a second.

"You what?!"

He sighed. "It took a lot more paperwork than I expected, I even had to use some fake documents. But since you've been getting in a lot more trouble lately," he slightly raised his voice as he subtly scolded her, "I figured I'd manage to keep you safer if you're with me."