• thirty three

Dare to believe,
the whispers in your ears,
that you might be special,
that you might be meaningful,
that one day
you might change the world.
It's us you see,
the ones who listen ,
that will change everything.

 It's us you see,the ones who listen ,that will change everything

"Expelliarmus!"

James' voice rang in Alexis' ears and even though she couldn't quite register what was happening she knew James had come to her rescue just in time. James and Peter towered over Catherine, barely able to contain their rage as they held the girl back, trying to stop her from injuring Alexis any further. Sirius kneeled next to the Slytherin, checking for any serious injuries and helping her come back to her senses, whispering reassuring words that were nothing but a ring in her ears.

Watching the scene unfold on the sideline was Remus, his pale skin and horrified expression giving the impression the boy had been petrified as he sat frozen in place. It was only after Catherine stormed off that he finally regained his composure and ran after her, unsure of what to expect. The poor boy could feel his heart pounding as he followed her inside the castle, taking long strides on his way.

"Catherine! Catherine!" He yelled before finally getting a hold of her arm and forcibly pulling her inside an empty classroom. "What the hell!" He mentally cursed himself, understanding the last thing she needed after finding out her family had been murdered was for him to be so harsh on her, but she had just attempted murder and it was needless to say his rationality had been thrown out the window. "What on earth do you think you're doing?!"

"What does it look like, Remus?!" Catherine's beautiful features had been distorted to the point where the girl looked almost maniacal. And the outside surely mirrored the madness within as the girl seemed to have completely lost her mind. "Don't you understand? They're dead! They're all dead! And it's because of her! She's what we need, Remus," she harshly placed her hands on the sides of his face, forcing him to look into her bloodshot eyes. "It's the only way we can defeat Voldemort. We have to kill her! He'll be weak then! He'll be unstab--"

Remus pushed her back with more force than he had intended to, but made no attempt to apologize as his face contorted with disgust at her words. "Are you even listening to yourself?!" He could feel his face growing hotter as the rest of his body began to tremble with nerves and fear. "She's our friend!"

"A sacrifice I'm willing to make." Catherine muttered darkly as her eyes welled up again. "He needs to know what it feels like. He needs to experience this--this heartbreak, this pain. I want him to pay for what he's done. I want him to suffer. To hurt like I'm hurting." Tears cascaded down her eyes as reality began to settle in, reminding her of the awful events that led her to have such an unstable mentality.