• fifteen

and then I realized
that to be more alive
I had to be less afraid
so I did it
I lost my fear
and gained my whole life

and then I realizedthat to be more alive I had to be less afraidso I did itI lost my fearand gained my whole life

Dear sister,

I won't ask about our previous task, for even I want to remain oblivious about the hiding spot you chose. I simply trust that you made a good job.

I write this letter with a much better motive, no longer expecting you to help me with any endeavor. Instead, I'm writing to ask you to join me during the Christmas holidays. I'll be staying at the Malfoy Manor, and although I'm aware of your sheer dislike towards my acquaintances, I sincerely hope you'll be able to leave your prejudice aside and join me in what would be out first Christmas together in eleven years.

I'm sure Malfoy will be kind enough to give you any further detail and answer all of your doubts. I hope I'll be seeing you soon. Take care.

Your brother, Tom.

Alexis read the letter for what felt like the hundredth time. She knew Tom was bullshitting her, noticing the letter was far too sentimental in an attempt to manipulate her. Into doing what exactly, she did not know.

She pushed the letter back inside her bag and focused on the task at hand. Inspecting the piles among piles of lost objects surrounding her. She had walked around the place several times and now, even she was unaware of where the diadem was, buried deep under mountains of objects. The Room of Requirement was a truly helpful place.

She had been extremely cautious with the execution of the plan, but not so much when she walked out of the room without waiting to see if there was anyone walking on the corridor. Thankfully, it had been Remus Lupin who caught her red handed.

"Ah, just who I wanted to see!" She walked away, pulling him with her.

"What were you doing there?"

"Needed some time alone. Now hurry up, Lupin! One would think you'd walk faster with such long legs."

"So you reckon this is all bullshit?" He frowned, scanning over the letter one more time.

"Absolutely. He even tried using that 'we haven't spent Christmas together for eleven years' crap," she lowered her voice to mimic one of a man. "For dramatic purposes, you know? To make me feel nostalgic."

"So you're obviously not going, right?" He handed her letter back and placed his hands inside his pockets.

"Now that's where you're wrong, my dear Lupin." She absentmindedly played with the snow around her, as they both sat out on the grounds.