• eight

SHE WAS POWERFUL.
NOT BECAUSE SHE WASN'T SCARED
BUT BECAUSE SHE WENT ON SO STRONGLY,
DESPITE THE FEAR

Her legs seemed to have a mind of their own as they carried her towards the dungeons

Her legs seemed to have a mind of their own as they carried her towards the dungeons. Curiosity had turned into confusion now, and it was not a feeling Alexis particularly enjoyed.

She had enjoyed the kiss and his presence altogether, but now that she finally got what she had asked for, the new-coming sensations left her dumbfounded and panicking. It was not wise to play with fire, but it was beyond stupid to genuinely enjoy the feeling. And that's what she did. She walked into the common room in a rush, planning on going straight to bed and calling it a night. However, her plan was interrupted when she saw a group of her fellow housemates standing in a circle in the corner of the unusually empty room. A Death Eater meeting. She shrugged it off and continued walking, not wanting to partake in any of that nonsense, but then she heard Malfoy's voice loud and clear. "Yes, My Lord."

There was a Death Eater meeting, and their leader had joined them. She instinctively halted on her step, her mind buzzing as she tried to assess the situation she was most definitely not prepared for. Hesitatingly, she took small steps towards them and pushed past some of the cloaked figures, not really caring about interrupting their little get together. And sure enough, there stood Tom in all his grandeur. Looking at her with a somewhat cynical smirk, almost as if he'd been waiting for her. His gaze was hard and cold, making all his followers lower their gaze, not daring to look him in the eye.

Tom Riddle had somehow managed to become even more intimidating. His posture, his mannerisms, and his cold expression had been perfected over the years. Not that they needed to be improved in the first place, but Tom always found room for improvement, radical improvement. He walked past some of his followers, making them fidget or tremble slightly. Sure, Tom's presence was unnerving, but Alexis wouldn't be surprised if Tom had already cursed someone in the short amount of time he'd been there. Thus making the menacing Death Eaters fearful of their Lord.

"Follow me." He whispered near her ear and began to lead the way without waiting for a reply. She wasted no time following his trail, trying her best to be cautious around the young man. As much as she hated to admit it, this wasn't Tom. He had always been a dangerous individual, but his admiration for the Dark Arts had turned into an obsession for power and immortality. She was also well aware of his interest in Horcruxes, but still oblivious to how many he had created already. This man barely had a soul.

The Room of Requirement Tom took her to was dark and eerie, very unlike the one she frequented with the Marauders. The biggest source of lighting came from the fireplace, the flames giving their skin a red undertone. Most of the room blended with the shadows, turning everything into silhouettes. The only thing Alexis' eyes could tell apart was the black leather sofa and, of course, the fireplace itself.

"Did you miss me?" His question was sudden, an odd way to break the silence, and certainly not the greeting she was expecting when reuniting after three years. He stood in front of the fireplace imposingly, his back turned to her.