• sixty

There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?"
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?

Her eyelids felt heavy and the fervid smell of copper was the first thing that hit her nostrils as soon as her senses returned

Her eyelids felt heavy and the fervid smell of copper was the first thing that hit her nostrils as soon as her senses returned. There was something wrong, something terribly wrong, the Ravenclaw could tell that much just by looking at her surroundings.

The room was shabby, dark, and mostly empty, but the appearance of the place she currently found herself in was not what worried her the most. It was the bruised and cut state of her aching body and the pool of blood underneath her head. Peter had made much more damage after leaving her unconscious, that much was clear, but there was no time to dwell on that when there were clearly more important matters at risk.

They had a plan and she knew, she was the only one who knew, and she had to stop them, she was not going to leave this world, she was not going to give in, unless she fulfilled this task. She had to warn them, she had to warn her friends and her loved ones about the rapidly approaching storm, this was not a burden she was going to carry to the afterlife. She had to do this, even if she died trying.

Ivy Edwards was not a crier, Ivy Edwards was not weak. Those were the words she repeated over and over as she struggled to get up, her lungs failing to obtain the necessary oxygen, with a burning pain in her lower abdomen that was a major cause for concern. She could see her right arm was broken but she had somehow managed to numb out the pain, but the gigantic gash on her left leg was a torment she could not ignore. Her whole body felt on the brink of giving out any second now, the pain becoming far too excruciating for her to handle, but Ivy Edwards was not a crier and she was not weak, so she gathered every last bit of strength she could muster from the depth of her soul and walked towards the door, hoping and praying to be where she expected.

It was both a delight and a horror to see that she was indeed in the Room of Requirement. A sob escaped her lips, and by now she didn't quite know if it was because of the relief of knowing she was still in Hogwarts, or because she had to walk all the way down to the ground floor when she was currently in the seventh one. But Hogwarts had a way of helping those in need, and suddenly every staircase was perfectly aligned and every trick step had disappeared. She had made it down to the fourth floor when the loss of blood began to take a toll on her, making her legs turn into a wobbly mess that eventually caved in.

"Merlin's beard!" A voice coming from somewhere to her right exclaimed, making her soon realise it was a portrait speaking. "Philip, call that big guy over, quick! This poor girl looks like she's in the brink of death!"

Ivy couldn't understand what he was saying anymore, her brain was unable to assimilate her surroundings by now. It wasn't until she felt two strong arms carrying her up, and she opened her eyes to see the blurry vision of Hagrid looking down at her, that her faith and strength were momentarily regained. "Don't worry, little girl, I got you."