• thirteen

My darling, he is just a boy.
How can he possibly begin
to appreciate the constellations
you leave in your wake,
or the stardust in your bones,
when he has yet to realize
just what it means
to be in love with a girl like you?

How can he possibly begin to appreciate the constellations you leave in your wake,or the stardust in your bones,when he has yet to realizejust what it meansto be in love with a girl like you?

The castle's ceiling and walls looked awfully interesting when Josh Davis was standing right in front of you with the intention of asking you to be his date to the Yule Ball

Alexis was far from stupid. She knew the sole reason he joined the dueling club was to get closer to her, and was definitely not oblivious to the way he always showed off his amazing skills in an attempt to impress her. He was nice to look at, that much was true. But Alexis was going through her man-hating, fuck-the-authorities phase, and she was far more concerned about finishing her somewhat illegal task than getting a date.

Josh was about to recite the speech he had memorized, but was interrupted when a nasally and suspiciously loud voice echoed though the hallway. "Merlin! Did you hear?" Alexis instantly recognized the annoying voice that belonged to Dorcas Meadowes. "James offered to take Lily to that new, fancy shop at Hogsmeade!"

"How romantic! I bet he's going to buy her a beautiful gown for the Ball!" Marlene gushed as she and Dorcas walked past them.

Josh frowned in confusion as Alexis chuckled at the girls' obvious and extremely ridiculous attempt to make her jealous. Suddenly, Josh Davis became just what she was looking for.

"You were saying?" She gave him a friendly smile, slightly biting her lower lip. She got the reaction she had hoped for when the boy lowered his gaze to her lips, staring at them for a second before swallowing hard and returning to his senses.

"Well, in all honesty, I didn't plan some huge show because I figured you weren't into that type of thing." He gave her a sheepish smile and scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Well, you were right."

He sighed with relief. "Oh, thank Merlin! So for a proper invitation, I was wondering if the beautiful Alexis Riddle would like to accompany me to the Yule Ball?"