• twenty two

I AM LEARNING
TO LOVE
THE SOUND OF
MY FEET WALKING AWAY
FROM THINGS
NOT MEANT
FOR ME

I AM LEARNINGTO LOVETHE SOUND OFMY FEET WALKING AWAY FROM THINGSNOT MEANTFOR ME

James was a charming, good-looking and popular guy. So why he was flicking through a book about 'How To Win The Girl Of Your Dreams' was beyond anyone who walked past him in the library, which was an odd sight to see in itself. He was accompanied by a sickly and weak looking Remus Lupin, who read several books of muggle literature. Now that was a common sight.

It was the day after a full moon, which led Remus to the only place where he could find comfort and serenity in such a tiring day. But this time he was followed by James, who tagged along to begin his research on the neurochemistry and psychology of love. The Gryffindor had accepted it was going to take much more than just his charm and chivalry to make Alexis go through a sudden but definite change. He needed to genuinely understand the process of falling in love and create a plan that would lead to spending the rest of his life happily married to Alexis Riddle and have ten children with her, who would all be a mixture of the Potter charm and the ambition of a descendant of Salazar Slytherin himself, which was a killer combination. That was his plan now, according to him, and much to Remus' amuse.

"You seem quite happy about your future children having Slytherin ancestry for someone who used to despise them just last year." Remus noted mockingly, his eyes never looking up from his book.

"I think the guy was a little loony." James mumbled as he continued scribbling some notes. "But he's still a Hogwarts founder and a very powerful wizard, so that's pretty wicked."

"Ten children then?"

"Have you looked at her? Have you looked at me? With our looks and brains, we need to pass down this genes." Remus couldn't tell if James was joking or being cocky, both options being completely plausible.

"Have you talked to Peter?" Remus asked abruptly, noticing James tensed and froze before he continued writing casually.

"I don't want to get my hopes up, but I really think Alexis and I already went through some of this." James commented as he flicked through 'Seven Stages Of Falling In Love.'

"You know he didn't mean what he said the other night," Remus pressed. "He was just caught up on his emotions."

"The last stage is Helplessness? That doesn't sound very nice."

"I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you!" Remus finally placed down his book to glare at James, who chose to bury his nose deeper into his notes.

"And I'm trying to subtly avoid it!"

"James Potter in the library?" Alexis slammed a book on the table, startling the soul out of the two boys as she plopped down next to James. "I must be going mad."