• fifty

warming my hands
on bridges I've burnt

warming my hands on bridges I've burnt

"Nicholas Grindelwald?"

The Death Eater's jaw clenched at the name's mention, his gaze still menacingly set on Sirius. "I'll see you around, princess," he turned to Alexis, gently stroking the paralyzed girl's chin before exiting the corridor. Something about his demeanor, be it his tensed shoulders or long strides, gave away the burning anger he'd been trying to conceal.

Sirius looked petrified, even after Sean's footsteps could no longer be heard. His fair complexion somehow managed to turn even paler as he turned to look at Alexis with wide, horror-stricken eyes, finally releasing the breath he'd been holding. "Stay away from him," he muttered through gritted teeth.

He began to walk away but Alexis was able to react in time, gripping his arm and forcing him to turn and face her. "Why did you call him that? Who's Nicholas Grindelwald?" She asked with a slightly shaky voice, her eyes scrutinizing his facial features looking for some kind of answer.

"What did you think his name was?" He questioned in a whisper, a frown setting in between his eyebrows.

"Sean Lieberman."

Promptly, Sirius' eyes filled with a horror that unnerved Alexis' soul. Sirius had never been one to get easily intimidated, always putting on a brave front even on the most hopeless situations, so this was clearly a cause for concern. "Is that the same guy you said was now working with your brother?" He asked with a haggard voice. Alexis nodded in response, causing him to jerk his arm away from her grasp and slowly walk backwards. "Merlin help us all."

"Sirius," she stated firmly, clenching her hands into fists in an unsuccessful attempt to stop them from shaking. "You're scaring me."

Sirius swallowed hard before abruptly reaching for her arm, anxiously pulling her along as they bolted towards his dormitory, looking around every corner as they did so. The remaining three Marauders had been fast asleep, but their peaceful slumber had been unkindly interrupted by the disarray caused by Alexis' and Sirius' chaotic entrance. The boys were halfway through their complaints but all it took was one glimpse at Sirius' frantic state to know something was wrong.

"We're in trouble," stated Sirius.

"What are you on about?" Remus sat up, tiredly rubbing his eyes so they could adjust to the light. "Who's in trouble?"

"The Wizarding World."

"He always had a tendency to be quite dramatic," James sleepily muttered to himself as he reached for his glasses on the bedside table. "And why is that?" He asked Sirius, this time in a much clearer voice.

"Because Nicholas Grindelwald is back." Sirius vaguely explained as he pulled Alexis to his bed, getting her to sit down with him. "I'll explain, I promise. But first you need to tell me everything you know."