• thirty nine

you said you were
afraid to lose me
and then you
faced your fears
and left

The first thought that crossed James' mind once he fully regained his conscience was fucking Peter

The first thought that crossed James' mind once he fully regained his conscience was fucking Peter. The mousy lad had clearly forgotten to close his drapes once again, causing the light to shine bright through the room that early Sunday morning. The second thought that crossed his mind was our dorm isn't completely white and we don't have that many beds.

The sudden recollection of what had happened before he passed out panicked him, making him sit upright and looked alarmingly at his surroundings, ashamed to admit he pondered if he was dead for a good six seconds.

"You're going to get all dizzy if you don't lay back down." A female voice startled him. For a second he believed the voice belonged to Alexis due to his still dazed state, causing a feeling of comfort and warmth to spread through his body. But even through his blurred vision he could see that the girl keeping him company wasn't his girlfriend. The blonde hair gave it away.

"Marion," he whispered somewhat disappointed. He couldn't quite tell how he felt at the moment given all his conflicted emotions. Marion was always a good sight to see, and the attention the girl frequently gave him certainly lifted his spirits, not to mention his ego. But it was at moments like this where his girlfriend's company was all he needed to make him feel better. Alexis not being there was deeply felt.

"You've been out for ages!" Exclaimed Marion, a little too loud considering they were in the Hospital Wing. "Pippy gave you a sleeping draught so you could get some good rest."

James began to stretch his muscles once his senses had fully recovered, only then noticing the chocolate in the bedside table. "Had some visitors?" He asked as he picked the chocolate he already knew Remus had left.

"Yes. Your friends." Marion nodded rather cheerfully. "Um—Peter? And—and the other two," she shrugged, clearly not remembering their names.

"Only them?" He asked pained, pathetically trying to not let Marion see how upset he was.

"Yes. I'd know if somebody else came, I haven't moved from here," she pointed at the chair positioned next to his bed. James gave her a grateful smile that caused her to giggle and run her hand through his disheveled hair. "Oh, Pippy told me to give you this when you woke up. And then you're good to go." She handed him a glass with a green and thick substance that made her gag just by looking at it.

"It's Poppy, dear," he chuckled and took the medicine from her hand, wincing at its smell.

Marion covered her nose and looked away. "Just drink it so we can get out of here. And please don't throw up."

James felt as good as new on his way to the Gryffindor Tower but that certainly didn't help him keep up with Marion's endless chatter. His ears were being filled with gossip he didn't care about, and it was only then that he realized Marion had no one else to talk to. She was confiding all of that to him because she had no proper friends, and as far as he was concerned, she never even tried to get any.