• seventeen

MAGIC HAPPENS WHEN
YOU DO NOT GIVE UP,
EVEN THOUGH YOU WANT TO.

THE UNIVERSE ALWAYS
FALLS IN LOVE WITH A
STUBBORN HEART

"For fuck's sake!" The fear and panic Alexis felt made it difficult for the witch to breathe

"For fuck's sake!" The fear and panic Alexis felt made it difficult for the witch to breathe. The aftershock was beginning to settle in, making her body shake violently, but she couldn't cry anymore. At this point, she wouldn't be surprised if she ran out of tears.

Remus was the first one to react, tossing his glass aside and running to his friend's side, immediately followed by the rest of the boys.

"Lexi! Oh Merlin, look at you! What happened?!" Remus exclaimed frantically.

"What did they do to you? I'm gonna kill them, I swear I'm gonna kill them!" Sirius' expression was one of pure anger.

"We were worried sick, Lexi! Are you okay? Well of course you're not okay! What kind of question is that!" Peter facepalmed as his shaking hand held hers.

James was full on crying by then, fighting the urge to engulf the girl in a bone crushing hug. "Oh, Merlin. I'm so sorry, Lex, this is my fault, I should've stopped you!"

"Boys," Lyall Lupin's stern voice interrupted them. "I'm gonna need you to step aside." The boys all looked at each other hesitantly before backing away slowly, letting Lyall crouch down to speak to the girl with a much more gentle voice. "Hi, can you tell me what your name is?"

She looked at the rest of the boys for help, knowing her last name would most likely get her in trouble or cause some uneasiness on the adults.

"She's Alexis Riddle, and she's our friend."  Remus nodded at his father, silently assuring them they could trust her.

"Very well," Lyall's voice remained gentle. "Who did this to you, sweetheart?"

"Death Eaters." She answered faintly.

Lyall's expression turned from kind to panicked in a blink of an eye. He wasn't the only one though, Alexis could see the alarm on all the adults' faces. "Fleamont, call Dumbledore immediately."

"I'll call a Healer." Euphemia ran after her husband. Lyall instructed Hope to look after the girl before running out himself.

"Come on, now." Hope helped her stand up and guided her to the sofa. "You sit here." She carefully wrapped Alexis with a blanket.

The boys all sat around with preoccupied expressions as Hope continued comforting Alexis and the others walked around the house in a frenzy. Alexis couldn't hide her shock when she saw Albus Dumbledore walking through the door, certainly not expecting him to arrive in less than three minutes.

"Good evening, Ms. Riddle." He nodded politely and took a seat across from her. "I am sure you are aware that time is very valuable right now, so I would like to do this as quickly as we possibly can. What happened? Why were you there, Ms. Riddle?"