• thirty five

she writes things
with her movements
that I
for the life of me
could never write
with a pen

she writes things with her movements that I for the life of mecould never write with a pen

NSFW

"Have you heard about the new girls?" Everyone's gaze fell on Ivy and her scarred face as she took a seat in the Gryffindor table. Curious housemates sitting close by subtly dropped what they were doing and shifted their attention towards the Ravenclaw.

"New girls?" Sirius voiced his question just as Lily Evans did.

"Everyone in Ravenclaw is talking about it. You guys are definitely the slowest ones." She took a bite from her cereal, unfazed by the playful glares being sent her way. "Alright, listen," she swallowed her food and leaned over the table, eager to be the one to deliver the news. "Apparently things have been looking bad down in France as well. Lots of killings and threats being thrown around. So the French Minister of Magic has been receiving a load of threats, guy's scared out of his wits for his family's safety. He has a daughter around our age and he thinks Beauxbatons isn't safe enough. He wants Dumbledore himself to look after her, so he and two other posh Frenchies are sending their daughters over." She reached for the bacon in Remus' plate and took a bite, "safety reasons."

Over half of the Gryffindors around were intently listening to Ivy, who was now reaching for a biscuit in Sirius' plate before he slapped her hand away. "It's never happened before, hasn't it?" Frank Longbottom asked around, "new students in March?"

"Do you think they'll get sorted?" A nasal voice everyone instantly recognized asked from somewhere in the gathered sea of students.

"No, Dorcas, Dumbledore is going to have them sleep out in the Quidditch pitch and they'll wear black ties to symbolize their protests against the patria--of fucking course they're gonna get sorted!" Sirius replied sarcastically and ducked just in time to avoid the bread the girl threw at him.

"Hogwarts is always full of surprises, isn't it?" James raised his mug of tea up to his lips, which had a sly smile adorning them. A smile that was quickly wiped out after he burned his tongue with the burning hot tea.

Their morning continued regularly as they continued talking about their new schoolmates and the full moon that would be occurring that night as they ignored James' cries.

Not having Catherine around felt like such a drastic change, it was hard to believe they'd only been friends for a brief two months. They had become such a tight knit group that went through so much together in such a short period of time that her absence was deeply felt.

Ivy was attending a study group session and the Marauders were recovering from a full moon, one which James begged Alexis to stay away from, leaving the girl no option but to entertain herself in the empty corridors of the castle on that early Saturday morning. For a moment she realized this was what her life had been like just a few months prior, all by herself as she wandered through the castle. She tried to keep her mind occupied, wondering about the new students that would be arriving Sunday night and would be joining them in class by Monday. There was also the dreaded letter she needed to send her brother, one in which she begged for his mercy so he would stop persecuting her friends. Confronting him had never been her strongest suit.