Bendy's Drawing

(Updated version : 2018 September )

(Word count: Before -  1276 After - 1623)

I lumbered around the animation studio trying to find The dancing demon. I found him in one of the old animation rooms, sitting by an old desk, papers and pens strewn about. By the looks of it, he hadn't heard me enter the room. I slowly walk behind where he was sitting quietly and look over his shoulder to see what he is doing. Drawing. I place my arms around his shoulders.

"What ya doing?" I ask as Bendy jumps in surprise.

"Y/n, you scared me," he said looking up into my bright e/c eyes. I laugh at his expression, he pouts with disappointment before smiling up at me.

"That's the whole point," I say, letting go of Bendy. He swivels in his seat and looks at me.

"Drawing," he replies to my comment from before. The seat he's sitting on is tall, his feet only an inch above the ground. His tails sways back and forth.

"Bendy, can I ask you something?" I ask eyeing his drawing behind him.

"Sure, Darlin," he said smiling. I smirked before replying.

"Bendy, can you draw yourself?" I look him dead in the eye. His smile gets bigger, hoisting his ego even higher.

"Actually, yes, I can, I mean I am a cartoon after all," he says pointing to himself in self-satisfaction.

"Can you show me?" I ask. He starts to look nervous and is posture stiffens.

"Hold on... You want me to show you right now?" he asks looking into my eyes. I nod with a sense of seriousness.

"If it's not an issue," I say looking at his worried face.

"Pffshh. Of course it's not an issue, just let me sketch it out..." he swivels in his seat again so he's now facing his paper on the desk. He grabs on of the many pens and starts to draw. I walk over to the front of the desk and stare at him working, taking a seat from another old wooden desk to sit and watch.

"Uhh," he mumbles as he scraps something off the page.A small smile forms on my lips, watching as he scrapes the pen over the paper. At one point he became so angered on what he was drawing he scrunched it up and tossed it behind him, bouncing off the wall and into the trash can in the corner of the room. He grabbed another piece of paper and started sketching again. I watched as his face of anger became one of determination again in a split second.

"Ha... forgot how fun this was," he said as he continued to scribble on the paper. He didn't sound so sure. He stops what he is doing and slowly looks up at me watching. He smiles deeply and rests his elbow on the table (not on the paper) and rested his chin on his hand, his other hand tapping the table with the pen still in his grasp.

"Watchin' me won't hurry up perfection, hun," he says. He then turns back to his page and continues scribbling. He sticks out his tongue after two minutes of sketching and dips his pen in the ink pot near by before continuing, I didn't even notice it resting upon the table before.

"Let's just clean these lines up..." he then looks back down nervously. Then he looks up at me and smiles in satisfaction and self appreciation.

"Ya know for being a bit rusty, this ain't to shabby! Maybe I shoulda just drawn the show myself," he says while picking up the paper and looking at it. I roll my eyes and smile. Suddenly the page starts to shake and an ink like creature pounces from the page with a roar that filled the room. My eyes open wide and I fall of the chair, scattering backwards into on of the tables. I look up at it, think for a moment and dash to sit on top of it, pulling my knees to my chest, watching the ink demon stare at it for a moment.