Super Special #2

(March 2019)

(Word Count: 1764)

Dull Monday morning, the air was chilly, freezing anyone who happened to travel outside. The wind was howling as people rushed by, cranky for yet another week of work. If someone where to stop and stand, surely the wind would blow them right away. days like these always seemed to drag on, never seeming to end. 

Today however, is going to be different, not a dull Monday. 

Within a still open studio, one that I'm sure ya'll familiar with, you sat in the music department. A hot drink was cupped with in your slowly warming hands, blocking out the freezing air, to which the studio seemed to hold inside the wooden walls. Joey, so busy on installing ink pipes around the building, forgot to add heaters for the winter. 

Back to you, you sat on a high balcony, looking down upon the little band room, the projector next to you playing a black screen. The steam from the hot mug in your hands blew up, also warming your face as you gently smiled at the scene below you.

The usual people who played a few instruments had gone of into to town to get their mid day meals (and to warm up before coming back to the studio to freeze). However, two figures were still down in the small band room, which was what your attention was held onto now. 

Below you, Sammy Lawrence and Susie Campbell. The music director was pacing around the room, his hands flailing around in the air as he ranted, his movements became ridged and he turned to look up at you. You simply smiled and waved down at him. He rolled his eyes and looked back at Susie. 

She was seated on one of the small wooden chairs, taken from behind one of the music stands. Her hands were crossed over he chest as she simply stared at the floor as the music director went back to yelling at her. 

You pressed a small button under the ledge you were leaning on, without taking your gaze from the two bickering figures. This allowed you to hear what the two were arguing about, both without knowing that you could. You took a sip of you warm drink and watch the scene below you unfold. 

"Your singing needs an improvement Ms Campbell, even a bit of practice may just improve it so you don't sound like your throat is on the verge of dying!" Sammy growled, now standing in front of the singer, who still refused to look at him. 

"My voice sounds perfectly fine thank you Lawrence, even Mr Drew thinks so," she hummed. Sammy growled, his hands clenching by his sides.

"You need to sing at a high pitch! Alice Angel needs that high pitch when she sings!" the man sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, going back to pacing back and forth. She sighed and look up at the ceiling, her eyes eventually trailing to you. 

"Unless you want me to sound like a bird that doesn't know the difference between dying and singing, I doubt I need more practice," She answered, looking in your direction. You smiled and she returned the gesture while Sammy's yelling continued. 

"I will teach you if I have to Susie!" The singer's attention snapped back towards the director, and a smirk played at her small lips. 

"You? Teaching me how to sing?" She laughed and clutched her stomach, her laughter echoing around the room. You smiled happily, taking a final sip of your slightly less warm drink, your mug now empty. You put it to the side and continued to watch both figures get riled up at each other.

"I doubt you could go any high then a moose trying to sing in the night," She stood, still laughing slightly and stood up tall, now finding this little argument hilarious. The director felt himself break, and hissed under his breath, slightly scaring the female in front of him.