The Cucumber

(Updated Version : 2018 October)

(Word count : Before - 654  After - 1109 )

It was the afternoon,  the sun was lowering and the sky grew sightly dark. Bendy and I sat in the lounge room, watching his show, for he wouldn't watch anything else. He would let out a quick snicker every now and then at his own little joke. When ever he came on the scree, which was all the time, he'd get excited and his tail would start wagging, like a dog in a way. After awhile of this, he grew ridged and grabbed the remote from the other side of me, turning the T.V off as Alice Angel got angry and the smaller demon.

He turned to look at me with a sad look on his snowy white face, his eyes looked right back into my own.

"What's wrong, did you finally get sick and tired of watching yourself all afternoon?" I asked smirking slightly. His frown deepened.

"No I could watch my show for hours on end, no I'm thirsty," He said, whistling through his teeth slightly.

"And? You had to turn the T.V off to tell me that you were thirsty" you asked eyeing him suspiciously.

"Can you please get me a drink," he said looking pleadingly into my eyes. He brought his hands together in a praying like position.

"Fine," I sighed as I picked him up off my lap and then placed him back on the couch. I walk into the kitchen and head towards the fridge, hearing the T.V being turned back on. I opened it up and found a few soda cans, picking one up. Just as I was about to shut the fridge again, I spotted the green vegetable, the cucumber. My mind raced, and I came up with a brilliant idea to get back at the devil for pranking me earlier. I grab the cucumber and went back into the lounge room, smirking.

Trying not to laugh I lean over the chair and rest my arm with the soda in the arc or his head. He is so caught up in the T.V that he doesn't know I'm there. I slightly smack his forehead and his looks up at me, the soda catching his eyes.

"Thanks!" He goes to grab it but I pull it out of his grasp. A frown graces his features.

"But, I thought-

"This one is for me," I laughed pulling away. He pouted, crossing his arms and looked back at the T.V, his sour look never leaving his face. I laughed.

"But I did get you one, don't look so sour, I took the liberty of opening it for you" I put the cucumber out, hiding most of it's form so Bendy couldn't see what was in my grasp. He refused to look at me and grabbed the cucumber. He looked me.

"Uh.. aren't you scared."

"Terrified, thank you so much," He still continued to hold his sour expression. Thinking my plan had failed, I moved from behind the couch and came to sit next to him again. He rolled his eyes and went to go take a drink from it, and that's when he noticed that it wasn't in fact a soda can. He screeched and threw it across the room, jumping backwards into me, resulting in my can of fizzy to go flying over the both of us, as we fell from the couch and onto the ground, covered in the sticky substance.

"Why'd you do that?!" He looked at me, a sacred look in his eyes as he frowned at me. I was laughing, unable to speak.

"It's not funny, ya scared the living lights outta me!" He complained. He sat up and tried to get the soda off his body but it wasn't working. I finally stopped laughing and sat up as well.

"That's for pranking me, and that must have been the best expression I have ever seen!" I said happily, but once a saw his upset expression, my smile turned to a frown.

"Don't take it too harshly, I didn't mean it in a bad way." I got up and went upstairs to grab a towel for us, hoping he wasn't too mad at me. Once i finally got back, the demon was gone, and there was smashed cucumber in the carpet.

"Oh my.." I looked around for him, but I couldn't find the demon. With a sigh, I grabbed a towel wiped down my body from the soda, but it looked like that wasn't going to help me at all. I turn to head up towards the bathroom, and before me stood Bendy, but worse. The ink on his body was dripping onto the ground (that's twice he's ruined your carpet) and his face was obscured from my vision. We looked at each other for what felt like an hour, before he hissed and went to scratch me. Ducking with a scream I run upstairs and into my room, but totally forgetting to shut my door.

I started to feel sick, I didn't mean for it to go this way. The demon jumps up onto the bed and hisses, looking down at me.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry I tricked you! Just don't hurt me!" I held my hands over my head, trying to get some protection from the thought attack. I heard a snicker, then a laughter from the demon above me, and I looked up at him with a confused expression, unable to speak.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I simply need to get back at you," He snickered, lounging on the bed, looking down at me as he rested his arms in a crossed position in front of him.

"You- you bastard!"I hissed, standing up and pointing a finger at him. He only smiled back up at me.

"You could have given me a heart attack! I was so scared, it's not nice to-

"Scare people to death, yea, look whose talking," He interrupted.

"I haven't done any such thing!" I hissed. He looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Haven't you now? Will this jog your memory?" He pulled another cucumber from behind him and placed it in my hands.

"I.. I. I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Don't be," He hummed, standing up and walking over to me.

"Alright I'm not," I hummed, walking past him and back downstairs. He followed behind and sat down on the couch. I grabbed two soda cans this time from the fridge and walked back to the couch. I handed one to him and opened the other.

"But seriously, I'm sorry about before," I said, leaning onto him as his show somehow came back on the T.V.

"Yea I know, I forgive ya."