Chapter 3

|| Alex's POV ||

Finally a woman opens the door. I'm assuming she's Y/n's mother. I didn't know what to say. " Hi, can I help you?" She says. I admired her tattoos. I open my mouth to say something and she completely cuts me off.

" Woah, you're Alex Morgan!" She says and I smile. " Yeah. I actually came to talk to the parents of Y/n Jauregui." She smiles. " I'm her mom Kehlani nice to meet you. Um, come on in." She moves to the side so I could enter there home.

I stepped in and it was fully furnished and friendly. She offered me a drink which I kindly declined. A paler woman walked in with beautiful green eyes. I'm assuming she's a friend of Kehlani's.

She notices I'm in the room. " Um, hello?" She says slightly confused and shocked. Kehlani comes back in the room. " Babe, this is Alex Morgan. Alex this is my wife, Lauren." I shake her hand and tell her it's nice to meet her.

" So you two are both Y/n's parents?" They nod their heads and sit on the couch together. " What brings you here?" Lauren asks. " I actually wanted to talk to you two along with Y/n if she's here."

" Umm I'll go get her." Lauren offers. She heads up the stairs behind me to get my daughter. That's so weird. I just said that. Wow. After about 2 minutes Lauren comes back down with Y/n trailing behind her on her phone. She gets by the couch and looks up.

Her face turned pale and her mouth was slightly agape. " Hi." She stuttered out. " Hey I wanted to talk to you and your parents." She looked between all of us. " I can't train with you anymore can I?" She says with slight sadness in her voice.

" No no, you're doing amazing with soccer! You are like a professional. Trust me. We're amazed it's something beyond soccer, or more important I should say." I started to grow nervous. I didn't know if they could tell or not.

" What is it?" Lauren asks. I look between them and then at Y/n. " I don't know if there is even a right way to say this but, at 15 I got pregnant. I couldn't handle a kid. So I gave my kid up for adoption. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, Y/n you're my daughter." I say finally lifting a weight off my chest.

All of their faces were frozen. Nobody knew what to say next. It was just an awkward silence. " So, you're my mom?" Y/n asks me avoiding eye contact. " Yes."

She stands up. " So you gave me up because you couldn't handle having a kid?! You! Alex Morgan couldn't handle a kid?!" She says raising her voice. Lauren and Kehlani just stare. " Did you two know?" She asks with hurt in her voice. Her eyes were watering. I couldn't believe what I just did.

" No we didn't." Kehlani tells her. " Y/n, I didn't mean for that to happen." She interrupts me. " I really can't believe you think you can just show up and think everything would be ok! You are unbelievable ."

" You! Out of all people?! You can leave and go fuck yourself! I don't understand why you think you can just come into my life and tell me some bullshit like this! You're an asshole!"

" Y/n calm down." Kehlani steps in before y/n can go on. " So you think it's ok to just come into my home and try to take your daughter that you gave away, back?!" Lauren asks me. I didn't know how to respond. " You are such an inconsiderate bitch! Who the fuck does this? Coming to someone's house to reveal something like that. You have been gone for 16 years and now you want to come back?! You're a pathetic asshole!" Lauren finishes.

" Look guys calm down. I understand, you felt it had to be done. I'm trying to keep calm because you came in my house with bullshit but Y/n, she is your biological mom. You don't want to maybe give her a shot at building a relationship?" Kehlani says.

Y/n just crosses her arms over her chest with tears sliding down her face. I couldn't bare looking at my Y/n like this especially when it's my fault. " Y/n can you at least go with me to Cincinnati? We're going to be practicing and I'd love for you to join me."