Chapter 64

Y/n's POV

This whole week I've been moving into Chicago. It was the final moving day and tonight Alex would be back on her way to Orlando and Mal would be on her way to DC.

I was going to miss them both dearly.  I know I'm ready to venture off on my own and try new things but it'll be different. I don't have Mal and Alex with me 24/7.

We finished moving everything into Christen's house and she was more excited than I was. " I'm so excited! We're roomies!" Christen squeals. " Babe she gets it." Tobin says playfully and Christen rolls her eyes.

" Mal, if you do come over, please don't do anything while I'm home." Christen says to Mal and I can't help but laugh. " I think Mal would want to stay in DC with her loser team. Shed be too ashamed to come here." I say and Mal glares at me as they all laugh.

" You all should fear being around me, my team will beat all of you." Tobin says. I pout because I agree. " Tobin shut up and stop making me regret my signing choices." I say.

" Hey, we still want you. When you're done in this dump come to Portland. " Christen slaps her arm. " Chicago is not a dump! Watch us become NWSL Champions."

Tobin laughs out. " I'd like to see that happen. Whats wrong Alex? You're super quiet." Alex looks up. I notice she's crying. Oh god.

" My baby is all grown up." I chuckle and sit on her lap hugging her. " I'll be fine mom. You can call me everyday. " She nods and I wipe her tears.

" Well can we go out and eat? Maybe give me a tour of Chicago ? I am new here." Christen squeals. " Yes! I know the perfect place!" She grabs my hand pulling me out the house.

——

Alex's POV

I  was back in Orlando and Kelley was still here. She plays her first game of the season in Chicago which I will be attending to see my daughters first NWSL game.

She thinks I'm not going because I told her I can't. I said Orlando has a scheduled practice which we really don't. She's gonna be so excited.

Mal, on the other hand, can't make it. She has her own game that afternoon but she'll be watching.  She's been texting me everyday expressing her worries about my daughter.

She thinks something will happen between Y/n and Sofia. I told her she has nothing to worry about because Chris is there.

Kelley and I had just gotten back from a night out. I'm really in love with her. She went from friend, to roomie, to best friend, now to lover.

She treats me better than servando did. I wish I had a kid with Kelley. Well, not anymore. I'm getting too old for that. The one kid I pushed out is enough and I'm beyond thankful for her.

——

Y/n's POV

I could not be any less nervous. I was all over. I couldn't focus. It was bad. What if I mess up. This whole week at practice everyone kept saying I was doing amazing but when I have everyone watching me, in my first game of the season, I'm going to die.

I was sitting in the locker room after warm ups. I didn't know how to handle this. Alex was at practice in Orlando, Mal was busy doing whatever she does with her loser team,  Lauren is on tour, and Kehlani is prepping for her upcoming show. I have no one.

Sofia walks over to her locker which is right next to mine. I stared at my jersey. The 13. Most importantly the last name. Morgan.

She comes behind me draping her arm over my shoulder. " There's nothing to worry about. You'll be fine. " She says to reassure me.