Chapter 37

|| Nadine's POV ||

Y/n and I were still sitting out here alone and I could not find the words to tell her how I felt. I was never nervous when it and to stuff like this but for some reason I was stuck." Nadine, what are you thinking about? Are you ok?" She asks lightly putting her hand on my thigh.

I couldn't handle that. She used to res her hand on my thigh all the time. She really was the perfect girlfriend.

" Y/n, I know you're not gonna want to hear this but, hear me out. I'm in love with you. You've been consuming my thoughts. You're all I'm honking about now. I can barley focus when I'm at practice because I'm too busy staring at you. I fucked up when we were together and made you turn around and leave me. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I miss you so much."

" I will forever love you because you were my first love. That year and a half I spent with you was amazing. You were always there for me with all the stuff going on in my life and I wish I could go back in time and fix my mistakes because if I didn't do what I did, I know we'd still be together. "

She just sat there. My eyes started to swell with tears. " Nadine, I'm with Mal." I knew she would say that. " I know. I just needed to tell you. I'm not over you." I say.

She stands up. " Nadine, it's fine. We can still be friends. I know that's not what you want to hear but, it's something at least."I nod and stand up. Looking down at her. She brings me into a hug and I wanted to hold on to her for as long as I could.

" Let's go back inside and enjoy dinner please." I nod following her in.I wasn't completely bummed out because, at least she's still talking to me.

|| Y/n's POV ||

I couldn't believe what Nadine just told me. Well I could. I just don't want to. She still loves me?! I don't understand why she still loves me. I obviously wasn't good enough for her at the time since she cheated on me.

Now that I'm with Mal, the scars from Nadine closed. Not all the way. Her cheating on me destroyed me. I have trust issues. I really loved her. I'm pretty sure everyone knows Nadine was my first love.

I need to be honest with myself. When Mal and I were bumpy and taking breaks, I did start developing feelings for Nadine again. Very small feelings but it was something. I decided to head up to the room and call Alex.

I miss my mommy.I waited a few rings before she finally picked up. A smile formed on my face immediately.

" Hey Mom!"
" Hi Y/n/n how's the leadership camp so far?"
" it's actually pretty neat. I met a lot of Orlando fans. I almost gagged."
" Oh come on my team is not bad."
" But I'm a loyal Portland fan. I'm a fan of you though."
" I guess you get a pass for that."
I hear someone yell hi in the background.
" Was that Kelley?"
" Of course."
I hear the phone get passed over until she finally puts it on speaker.
" Hello little girl." Kelley says in some creepy voice.
" What the hell? Eww kelley."
They both start laughing.
" Oh mom, I need to talk to you alone."
" Oh ok." She takes the phone off of speaker and I can hear her telling Kelley to leave the room.
" What's up?"
" So Nadine pulled me aside and basically told me she's still in love with me."
It got quiet.
" I don't know what to do."
" Well y/n there's nothing you can do. You have a girlfriend now. She should respect that."
" She does. It's just, when Mal and I were having our ups and downs and stuff, I developed tiny tiny feelings for Nadine again. I don't know what that means. Like I don't know what to do. What if I actually like Nadine again. That's going to get Mal."
" Does Mal at least know you grew some feelings for Nadine?"
" No. I don't wanna tell her. She's gonna be mad."
" You do realize you're gonna eventually have to tell her."
" But it's tiny feelings. It's not like I'm in love with her again."
" Or are you?"
" Mom stop. You're gonna make me think."
" Alright Alright. I'm going out with Kelley so I'll all you tomorrow . I love you. Stay safe."
" Alright I love you too and can't promise that."
Shortly after Nadine comes back in and there's an awkward silence. Instead of leaving it that way, I started a conversation about soccer.
|| Alex's POV ||

Kelley just left my house. We decided to have an inside date. She had to leave for something with her team. I miss her already and I miss Y/n.I got used to having her around so I was never alone.

My phone rings and it had to either be Rapinoe or Y/n. Rapinoe was supposed to call me earlier.Without checking the caller ID I answer the phone." Hello?"" So, you think locking me up was gonna help?"I froze. It was servando." Servando don't call me ever again!"" Yeah Yeah, Don't worry. Just watch your back."He hangs up leaving me frozen.

I don't know why but I got up locking my doors. I was too afraid to do anything and decided to just get ready for bed.I can't let servando affect me. Y/n is going to notice and I don't want her to worry. She has a lot of stuff going on right now.

|| Y/n's POV ||

It's been about a day and Nadine is getting even touchier if possible. She's constantly wrapping her arms around me, giving me " friendly kisses" on the cheek as she likes to say, and just trying anything to touch me.It's annoying. She knows I have a girlfriend.

Speaking of the devil, she walks into the locker room at this stadium we're at. We're learning some new tips and things of that nature to take back to it schools.The leader of this camp, Brian, told us he brought in a special guest.

It's probably just some soccer star from a nearby college. I looked off to the side until I heard gasps and shrieks.I turn my head and see the one and only, Tobin Heath.

I couldn't control myself. I ran to her and jumped on her. All the other girls looked shocked by my actions." Hi kid!" She exclaims kissing my forehead. " I missed you so much Tobin!" I say wrapping my arms around her. " Me too little baby of the baby horse." I rolled my eyes and smiled at her.

" Well I see you girls know her, some better than others." He looks at me as I went back in line. " So I'm here to show you girls how to get better at your game. I need a volunteer, Y/n."

I walk back over to Tobin.She starts showing us some moves and drills to do. She broke us up into groups and circulated around. Nadine of course, was taking any chance to touch me.Me being the clumsy person I am, I tripped resulting in Tobin catching me surprisingly.

I look over to see a glaring Nadine. She comes over to me putting her hands on my waist. " Are you ok beautiful?"

" yes. Can you move your hands please?" She looks at her hands sitting on my waist. " Oh yeah, sorry." She backs up. We start a scrimmage and they put Nadine on my team.Advantage, I know how to play with her. I scored a goal resulting in her slapping my ass. She let her hand sit.

" Nadine can you chill please." I moved away annoyed.

|| Tobin's POV ||

I noticed Nadine was being a bit handsy with Y/n. I was not going to allow that. I decided to let Mal know. I took out my phone recording it and sending her the video.

Me: * insert video*
Mal 🇺🇸⚽️: Where are you?
Me: At this camp for the girls
Mal 🇺🇸⚽️: So she invited you and not me ☹️Me: No, Brian did.
Mal 🇺🇸⚽️: Ok but, Nadine needs to watch herself I'll kick her ass like I did Madison 😤Me: No no 😂 mal you're 19 she's a 16 year old no fighting children
Mal 🇺🇸⚽️: I wouldn't have to if she'd leave my girlfriend alone. They broke up. She missed her shot.
Me: Aha alright I'll keep an eye on them Pugh 👀 baiiiiii

I walk over to Nadine as she watched y/n move up and down the field. " You must like her." Nadine looks at me and nods. " I don't just like her, I love her." I froze not knowing what to say next.