Chapter 63

Y/n's POV

Today was the big day. I'm signing to an NWSL club. Everyone pretty much knows where I'm going. Close to Mal and even closer to my mom. It's going to be hard playing against Mal but I'll have fun playing with my mom and Krashlyn.

I got dressed and the nerves kicked in as we arrived to the building. Lauren, Kehlani,  Nicki, Mal, and I were all together. Even the girls (5H) showed up along with some of the National team.

There were so many photographers and news stations here. I entered the room seeing the different jerseys with my name. My dream from childhood was going to become a reality today. 

" Are you nervous baby?" Mal asks and I nod and she pulls me into her. " you'll be fine babe. Trust your heart. I mean, you already know where you're going so you're fine." I lightly smile at her as she pecks my lips.

We did some press and things of that nature before time started. They interviewed Alex and she kept telling everyone how proud she is of me and how happy she is that she is back in my life.

Nerves really kicked in when they said " 5 minutes and were live". I was heading to the little stage set up with the table. Alex grabs me before I went up and hugs me kissing my forehead. It made me think back to the other night.

Flashback

I entered Alex's room and closed the door. Good thing Kelley wasn't in her. She locked her phone sitting it down. " What's up?" She asks and I don't say anything. 

She stirs up completely on her bed patting it for me to sit next to her. I quickly sit on the bed but in front of her. " What's wrong kiddo?" (A/n: If you know, you know kiddo😉)She asks fully concerned.

" I've been thinking about the signing and I changed my mind." I say. " You don't want to go professional? You want to go to UCLA?" She asks. I shake my head.

" No. I rethought everything. I need to venture out and do my own thing. Make my own decisions and be myself. I want to make a name for myself. Live up to the " Morgan" name by myself. " She nods.

" So you're doing what?" I take a deep breathe. " I'm going to sign with ——— instead." I look at her and her eyes are wide. " Really?"

I nod. " I know you and Mal want me near you both but I need to do me. I need to be able to do things on my own. You two both want to babysit me. I need to learn to grow up."

" I'm surprised. I thought you would sign with Portland since they are your favorite team." I smile. " I'm not that good yet. Let me prove myself before I go there." I laugh.

" So you're not mad at me?" I ask. " No why would I be? I want you to do what's best for you." I smile at my mom hugging her. " Did you tell Mal?" I shake my head no. " I'm not going to. She'll persuade me to stay. I need to do things best for me." I exited her room.

End of Flashback

It was time. I headed on the stage taking a seat and looked into the crowd at everyone there. I tuned everyone out. They talked a bit and I was honestly a bit bored until it was time to decide.

" So, the time has come. With bidding teams; Portland Thorns, Orlando Pride, Chicago Red Stars, North Carolina Courage, and The Washington Spirit."

I looked down at the papers in front of me and back up and I see Mal and my moms smiling. I know she wants me to go to Orlando. Here goes nothing.

I sign the paper. It's done. " And Forward Y/n Morgan signs with Orlando - - my mistake, Y/n Morgan signs with The Chicago Red Stars!"

Rory Dames(Red Stars head coach) comes over to me shaking my hand and hands me my jersey. I turn it around to show " Morgan 13" on the back. I smiled looking into the cameras and smiling.