Chapter 12

|| Mal's POV ||

I felt extremely horrible after the argument with Y/n. I'm supposed to make her happy, not sad. I haven't been the best girlfriend lately and its definitely hurting her. Well actually, she doesn't have to worry anymore because we're not together.

I miss her. I haven't kissed her in forever. I hate seeing her because i get the urge to just hold her and kiss her. I freaked her out earlier but now I have to find a way into her and Alex's room. All I want is to apologize and make her mine again.

I wasn't lying to her when I told her I never liked someone as much as I liked her. She makes my world go round. I reach their door and contemplate my life. The door is cracked opened and I peek inside. I see Y/n laying down asleep.

She looks beautiful. I see no Alex in sight so I enter the room. Right when I thought I was in the safe zone, Alex comes out the bathroom.

" What the hell are you doing in here?!" She exclaims. " Um- I- Alex I really just need to talk to her. Please. I didn't mean-" she cuts me off. " You didn't mean to hurt her?! Mal I told you soecifically not to hurt her! She's 16 Mal and still in school. She has better things to worry about than to have to argue and constantly fight with her girlfriend! You hurt my daughter!"

" I didn't mean to! Alex you won't even let me explain! You don't understand! It came out because I was upset about everything going on! All I want is to make her happy and for her to be mine again. That's all I want. I've never liked someone like this and it's actually scaring the hell out of me. " I say truthfully tears threatening to fall.

|| Y/n's POV |

" Get our of here Mallory!" I heat Alex yell and when my vision fixes as I rub my eyes I notice the person I've been falling for day by day. My heartbreaker. Mal.

" All I want is to apologize and talk it out!" Mal shouts. It almost matched the tone she gave me the night we broke up. I sit up and decide to interrupt. I got tired of the bickering.

I stand up. " Mal just get the hell out of here! I don't want to talk to you! You made your choice. You said what you wanted to say to me. You missed your chance to fix it! You shut me out! So get out Mallory!"

She looked so hurt. I've never yelled at her like that. She turned around slowly walking out of the room and as she closed the door I broke down as Alex's arms wrap around my fragile body.

I sit on her bed with her as she rocks me back and forth. In this moment, I really needed her. I probably soaked her shirt crying on her. After about 15 minutes of crying I look up at Alex.

" Mom, why does this hurt so much?" I ask Alex. She smiles and moves hair out of my face. " Maybe because before you two could even say it to each other, in your hearts you knew you were in love. I had the same thing. But that took a turn and- that's not the point." She says cutting her ramble short.

" Thank you. I know I haven't been the best to you and I really should. I love you mom. " I hug her and lay down with her. She kisses my forehead as I drift into sleep next to my mom.

|| Alex's POV ||

I woke up to Y/n still laying beside me and I just smile. I thought about last night. She called me mom. She told me she loved me. That was probably the best thing in life.

I just couldn't be any happier. I'm planning on sticking around in her life and I think our relationship is only getting stronger. I look at the time and shake her lightly telling her to get changed.

We both headed down for breakfast and she put my arm over her shoulder as we walked in together. She was all smiles. I watched as she ran over to Tobin. They have the cutest relationship. Y/n walks away from Tobin to go get breakfast as I talk with Christen.

|| Y/n's POV ||

As soon as I got to the line to get food, I couldn't. I felt empty inside like I was going to break down any minute. I just stared there motionless. I started to breathe in and out to calm myself down wanting to call Tobin but nothing came out.

I know this feeling. I know why it's back. It's because of Mal. When Nadine broke up with me I was a mess. I started having anxiety attacks and not eating. It took some time for me to recover. I thought I'd be good and that I'd never have to deal with that again but no. It's smacking me in the face.

Just as I was slowly regaining my composure the one that broke my heart but still holds it walks up. Mallory Pugh. I couldn't hold it in. I looked at her and I knew I was going to crumble any minute.

" Hey, Y/n can we-" she tried to say and I couldn't handle it. I didn't want to see her or talk to her. My vision started getting blurry and I looked around trying to find Alex but she was nowhere in sight. I couldn't find anyone so I just yelled for Tobin. " Tobin!" Mal tried to reassure me that it's ok to talk to her.

I can't talk to her. I'm just going to run back in her arms. My vision was getting even blurrier and I started to shake. I was having an anxiety attack. I felt two arms around me. It was Tobin. She lifted me off the ground.

I see Alex run in and walk over to us. " Is she ok?! Tobin what happened?!" Alex exclaims really concerned. Tobin just nods in Mal's direction. Mal has tears in her eyes and as were walking out I can hear Alex yelling.

" I told you to stay away from her! Do you see what the hell you're doing! Im only telling you this once! Stay the fuck away from my daughter! I swear to god-"

She takes a step closer to Mal and Kelley grabs Alex taking her out the room to calm her down. I was upstairs in Tobin's room as she rubbed my back letting me cry on her. 10 minutes later the door opens and it's Kelley and my mom, Alex.

Alex has a worried look on her face. She runs over to me. " I'm so sorry I shouldn't have left you in there by yourself." She tells me. " It's ok. I'm fine. I had an anxiety attack." I tell them. " Is it ok if I stay in here with Tobin until it's time to go. Can you bring my stuff?" Alex nods and walks out the room with Kelley as I laid with Tobin.