Part 8

Everyone suddenly turned to the Hyuga princess.

"Vote?" Tsunade said while giving her a confused look. Hinata didn't tremble.

"Yes, I believe this kind of meetings are directed by the Nation's Code. For that case, and following the Code's directions, I call for a vote to choose the new and rightful King of the Seven Kingdooms." she explained while everyone had different reactions. Some of them laughed, others cheered and many of them murmured many things.

"There has not been another King since the first assemble and judging by the audience here, that not going to change" Mei argued.

"Most likely" Tsunade said while sighing as many feudal lords of the Land of Spring talked to eachother. Kakashi on the other hand, started reading again his book.

"Why not?" Ino asked.

"You see, the King of the Seven Kingdooms is elected by popular vote" started Temari.

"And each lord only votes for himself" ended Tenten. "They're too selfish to let someone else rule the Seven Kingdooms."

"Still, I call for a vote" Hinata said. "It's the only way we could make a deision as a group."

"If you say so" said Tsunade while many feudal lords started voting for themselves.

"Well, let's do this" said Mei before shouting her name as she voted for herself.

"Tsunade Senju" Tsunade continued while crossing her arms.

"Itachi Uchiha" Itachi said.

"Temari Sabaku no"

"Neji Hyuga"

"Gaara Sabaku no"

"Hinata Hyuga"

After a while, everyone focused on Kakashi who was inmerse in his book. Then he looked up, "Oh, it's my turn already? Good..."

Then he closed his book and looked at everyone. Then he took a big, uninterested breath and said..

"Hinata Hyuga"

A lot of gasps were heard in the room. Then after a moment of silence everyone was begging the Lord of the Land of Mountains to vote for someone else.

"Sorry, but my vote's done" he said while readig his book. "And I'll not change my mind"

"This boy" Tsunade murmured. "ENOUGH!!!!"

Then everyone shut up.

"The Sevent Kingdooms had assembled, and we'veade the vote following the Nation's Code" she said before turnig to the Hyuga. "By all rights, Hinata Hyuga is the new King of the Seven Kingdooms. Byakugan princess, what is your first order?"

Everyone focused on the Hyuga girl who stood was now the center of attention. Hinata stood up with determination.

"Go back to your homes and prepare your troops" she said. "In the next days, we'll show the Uchihas who's the real King here.."

And with that the meeting was concluded. Everyone cherred and stared moving and preparing themselves to move. Suddenly, Tsunade turned to see Kakashi.

"I knew you wanted to vote for someone else but I'll say, that was really unexpected" she said.

"If you knew I was voting for someone else then it wasn't unexpected" he said.

"Don't play games with me Hatake. I know you did it because of your promise"

"A friend's promise is more valuable than a throne. You, of all people shpuld know that"

"Still, why did you choose her?"

"She has the pearl" he said.

'The pearl has been under many people's control"

"But she hasn't reached insanity. If so, then she will be starting to experiment the effects. Either way, I have a feeling she might be the chosen one"

"To deliver the pearl to Queen Shion? It could be" Tsunade thought. "But for now it's only a possibility"

"It is, but for now we should give her time" he said while standing up and walking beside her. Tsunade stood still.

"You shouldn't let revenge guide your life, remember? Obito wouldn't want that" she warned.

"....."

"Neither Rin, if she finds out-"

"She won't" he said in a cold voice.

"She deserves to know the truth Kakashi!" Tsunade warned again.

"She'll know when the time's right" he said while leaving.