Epilogue

"Gaara-kun" Hinata said in a sleepy tone, trying to wake her husband. "He's crying again. It's your turn."

"Fine, I'll go" he said while waking up. Hinata knew he loved to sleep but this time, it was his turn to take care of their son Riku.

"There, there.." she heard him say while Gaara was holding the red headed boy with lavender eyes.

"He seems to be hungry" Gaara said while turning to Hinata.

"Cheater, I'll take care of him" she said while taking the baby to breastfeed him. Soon the first familr of the Land of Wind heard a knock on the door.

"Kazekage-sama" said one of the servants. "There's a situation that request your urgent attention."

Gaara looked at her wife before giving her a quick kiss on her lips. "I'll be back soon." Then he left the room.

Later in that day, Hinata entered her husband's office with baby Riku in her arms. She saw Gaara dealing with lots of newspaper.

"I think 'being back soon', could have a new meaning now" she said while Gaara looked up to her to gave her a warm smile.

"There was a problem at the frontier between the Land of Fire and the Land of Wind. Some rebels trying to create chaos at the small villages" he said.

"Seems like Naruto and Shion are having a hard task at uniting their Kingdoom" Hinata said. "Sakura could've made everything easier if she took the lead of the Uchiha Empire."

"I don't think so" Gaara said. "The Uchihas are very proud of their bloodline. Having a non Uchiha as their ruler with a hybrid as a heir could've resulted in another war."

Hinata took a big breath, knowing that what he said was true. The Uchihas didn't approved of Sasuke marrying Sakura 3 years ago. And if Sakura stood there as their ruler, she and her daughter Sarada could've been in danger.

"Still, we can't hide Sarada forever at the Land of Mountains" Gaara added. "She's the rightful heir to the throne. She deserves to know everything."

"I wish I could've done something to help Sakura. She didn't deserved having that fate. From being treated as a witch to being the wife of a monster....and having a child with him. I wonder what's in her mind right now.." Hinata said.

Suddenly, Temari entered Gaara's office before suddenly showing a cheering tone. "I'm back! Oh little Riku's here! Is he behaving well?"

Hinata giggled, "Yes he is. How was your trip to the Hyuga compound?"

"It was nice, a little cold for my taste" she said while handing Gaara the scroll. "Hikari's the living image of her mother but she already developed the Byakugan. Lee's helping her with the training."

"Geez I hope she survives" Gaara said while shrugging.

"Have you been in contact with Shikamaru?" Hinata asked and suddenly, Temari blushed and her attitude changed drastically.

"I have no other option than being in contact with that crying baby since he's now ruling the Mist" she said coldly. "Ino's the one who has more details."

"But she's working with Tsunade at the Land of Spring" Hinata said.

"But she's the Nara's best friend so she has all the info" she said while leaving the office. Hinata and Gaara exchanged looks before sighing. They knew her and Shikamaru were having a love hate relationship ever since they met.

After a while, Hinata found Temari alone at the training grounds.

"Something tells me you wanna know more" the blonde said while cleaning her fang.

"You shouldn't be that rude to him" Hinata said. "It's obvious that you love eachother."

"He rules the Mist."

"So?"

"...it's nothing.."

"Temari you have to move on. Kankuro's..." she said before hesitating a bit. "I know that what happened is hard to forget. But you shouldn't let that control your life."

Temari sighed, "I know, it's just...I feel like I'm abandoning everything that connects me to my home."

"Sunagakure will always be your home. Don't you ever doubt it" Hinata said. "You'll always have a family here. It's the same way I'll always have a family at the Land of Snow."

Temari didn't said nothing for a while. Hinata touched her shoulder with one hand and gave her a warm smile. Soon, the Sabaku no princess grinned at her.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do" she said while leaving Hinata.

The now Queen of the Land of Wind stared at her friend for a while before looking down to her son, Riku. She watched how peacefully he was sleeping.

"My dear one" she kissed his forehead. "There many things you wont understand now, but I promise that I'll do everything in my power to keep you safe. One day, you'll learn why many things aren't just simply what they seem."