Part 9

"Well, looks like we have a lot of work to do" said Tenten while walking out from the meeting.

"I gotta say, that was impressive" said Sakura while turning to see Hinata.

"I guess it was the only way to solve things" she added while Gaara stood beside her.

"Indeed it was" he said. "Now, King of the Seven Kingdooms may I have a word with you alone?"

And with that, he dragged the Hyuga to a small corner. Hinata looked at Gaara with concern. "Gaara-kun? What's wrong?"

"We must have a talk regarding this.." he said while pointing at the necklace.

Hinata looked down, then gave the Sabaku no a too innocent look. "What are you talking about Gaara-kun?"

"Hinata, you know you shouldn't wear it. It could posess you" he replied before staring into the Hyuga's eyes and noticed a unfamiliar light in them. "Hinata, take it off.."

But the Hyuga took a step back. "What are you talking about? I don't see why I should.."

"Take it off" he insisted with a cold voice. The Hyuga smirked and turned around but suddenly bumped into a silver haired man.

It was the Lord of the Land of Mountains, Kakashi Hatake.

"Pardon me, your majesty" he said while bowing and giving her a warm smile, hidden under his mask. "I didn't wanted to bump into your presence in such a rude way.."

The Hyuga blinked a few times before speaking, "N-No.. it's okay.. I should've been more careful anyway"

Kakashi looked at the Hyuga skeptically "I see... Well, I should be parting to my Land before the war starts. I have a few thigs to solve.."

"Kakashi-san, may I ask you why did you voted for me?" Hinata said in a shy but curious voice. "I mean, it's the first time we see eachother.."

The man gave her a reassuring smile, "Sometimes, Byakugan Princess things are not what they seem." he said, remembering those times when he completed many missions for his Kingdoom.

"Oh..then thank you Kakashi-san" she said while smiling at him.

"Thanks to you, King of the Seven Kingdooms. I have faith that your reign will bring prosperity and justices to all the lands" he replied before watching Hinata walk away. Then he turned to the Kazekage who had a serious face.

"You should be more relaxed Kazekage, we have a new King" he said in an almost happy tone.

"I have more things to worry about" he replied.

"Things like this?" he said while giving him back the pearl to a surprised Gaara. "There's a reason I voted for her. Now, you should be more careful..."

Then he leaned close to the Kazekage's ear, "Everyone knows who has the pearl, and the fact that we have a new King doesn't mean that everyone will be at your side"

Then the Lord of the Mountains bowed to him before leaving. "Have a nice trip"

Meanwhile, Hinata reunited with the rest of her group. Sakura and Ino was talking with her teacher Tsunade, Neji was taking care of Tenten and Kiba and Akamaru were taking a nap..

Itachi on the other hand was receiving treatment from Izumi for a weird sickness he had.

"I don't get it Itachi. Since when did you got this sick?" she asked with worry.

"Hn...I'm fine" he replied.

"Don't give me that answer Itachi-kun! My only guess is that you got sick during the journey.." she said. Then Gaara joined the group.

"Well, we have more work to do" he said. "We need to tell the village we are at war."

"But we can't left the Island" Temari said. "Now that Hinata's King, we gotta prepare everything here first"

"I suggest we split up" Shikamaru said. "We can go and prepare the village while you prepare here"

"In that case, you need to stay here" Temari said. "I can make the preparations with Kankuro at Suna while you prepare the war strategy here"

"Hn..You'll go with Kiba, Neji and Sakura. The rest will stay here" Gaara said while everyone nodded and agreed to part as soon as possible  from Stormy Island to Suna.

Hours later, the group prepared the ship and left back to Suna. Then everyone returned to their preparation duties.

In a small corner, Itachi coughed until he spit out blood from his mouth. He cursed himself the moment he decided to come to the Island. He was hoping that he wouldn't get sick until days after the meeting.

"My time's coming" he murmured while staring at his bloody hands. Then he stared at the cursed mark he had in his right arm that got activated during the meeting.

"So, the jutsu worked" said a flirty female voice he knew very well.

"Hn.."

"Still with that cold answer" she said while carresing her hair. "It's a shame Uchiha, everything could've been avoided if you two decided not to betray your clan.."

"A world of peace is more significant than a throne built of blood" he said coldly.

"That peace never existed, you should've learned that from your clan's history" she sighed before leaving.

"So there's no turning back now" the Uchiha said. "He already knows.."

"That was the purpose of the curse mark you have. Unfortunately the consequences of activating it can't be reversed" she said while leaving.

Itachi smirked, knowing that Sasuke was very careful with his spying techniques. He knew he had a thing for the cursed marks, specially the ones that gave you big amounts of chakra and the ones that were like the one he posess. Itachi's curse mark had the ability to control your mind so all the information you gained from missions or rutinary duties was transmited automatically to the perpetrator's mind. All of that in exchange of the victims life.

He coughed a couple of times. The pain he had in his chest was almost uncontrollable. His hand reached his pocket and took some pain killers that he immediately put in his mouth.

"If I'm gonna die, it'll not be today"