Part 25

Everything at the Sand Village was finally controlled. Gaara and the troops leaded by their King of the Seven Kingdooms defeated all the Uchiha guards that had attacked the Land of the Wind.

But, everything had it's price.

Hinata stood there, staring at the now destroyed city that once saved her from death. Her tears rolled silently through her face as the wind played with her hair. She was oblivious to the world and only Tsunade and Kakashi could understand why.

Kakashi held a big breath before walking towards the Byakugan princess and placing his hand on her shoulder. Hinata closed her eyes and lowered her head once she sensed his actions.

"Is not your fault, Hinata-sama" said the Lord of the Land of Mountains. The Hyuga tensed at his words. "You did the right thing"

"Bringing a probably orphan child to this world is not the right thing" she mumbled between tears, remembering her mother's last words and wishes.

Kakashi sighed, not finding the proper words to comfort the King of the Seven Kingdooms. Silence dominated the atmosphere. Tenten's death was something really unexpected.

"Hinata-sama" Tsunade said while holding the baby girl in her arms. "We need to go to the hospital to take care of Hikari"

Hinata nodded as she turned around to see the baby. It has dark brown hair like both of her parents and was already asleep.

"Kakashi-san...would you..carry her body please? I'll like to give her a proper good bye" Hinata said without taking her eyes away from the baby.

"Hai, Hinata-sama" he replied. During all the way back to the main castle Hinata didn't dared to look at the baby, neither at Tenten's body. Honestly, she was in shock but more than that, she felt really guilty. What would she do now? How can she take care of a baby in the middle of the war?

What would Neji think of her? How would he react once he realizes the love of his life died while giving birth to his child?

"Hinata!" Gaara's voice brought her back to reality as she noticed they already arrived at the castle. But before he could reach her he noticed that something was wrong.

Really wrong.

His eyes looled at his depressed Hyuga and the turned to see Kakashi and Tsunade. He gasped as he realized that the Dragon's Eye didn't make it.

Everyone also noticed it. Ino started to cry, knowing that she already knew about her friend's state. Others, were in shock and didn't know what to say or do about it.

But the Hyuga broke the silence.

"A great warrior, has fallen" she said while staring at everyone. "But it has left us a new light, a new hope for this world" she glanced at the baby girl. "We must give proper good byes to our teammate and friend, before continuing with this war.."

And with that, everyone nodded before beginning the preparations of her funeral. The Kazekage approached her fiancée.

"Hina-" he said before she hugged him tightly. Gaara looked at Kakashi who gave her the "help her" look before leaving.

"There, Hinata.." he said while hugging her back.

"I want this to end, Gaara-kun. Why does it have to be like this? Why we have to keep suffering because of him?!?! Because of...this?!" she murmured while taking the pearl out of her neck.

"We will end it Hinata" was all that Gaara could say before kissing her forehead.

But none of them knew that a certain Mizukage was behind them, watching carefully.

"Soon I'll make my move" she smirked.