Part 20

"Sasuke, I can walk" said Sakura as the Uchiha carried her in bridal style to his room. "Sasuke it's okay, she didn't got the chance to-"

"Shut up" he said while he placed her on the bed. Sakura lowered her head in embarassement as he checked her.

"I shouldn't have let you go in there" he said.

"...."

"She reached insanity, but I didn't knew she was gonna get...this far. I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault"

"It is" he said as he stood up and kissed her on the lips. "Get some rest. Tomorrow's a big day"

"But...this is your room"

"I have work to do" he said while caressing her face and activating his Sharingan to check on her belly, a smile forming on his face. "See you tomorrow"

And with that, he left a confused Haruno alone in the room.

---------------------------------------------------

Tenten rubbed her belly, trying to surpress the pain as she worked with the preparations for the war.

"Not now buddy" she murmured as she endured the pain. "I need you to stay inside for a little longer"

It was a week ago when they knew about Itachi's death due to the curse mark. It got everyone by surprise and when Izumi explained everything to Shikamaru, they decided to change the plans.

She remembered the day she knew about Neji being captured. She felt her heart break the moment she got the letter. Sometimes, she tried to pinch her arm, hoping that she'll wake up on her bed with her beloved Hyuga prince by her side.

Who would've thought that Dragon's Eye was gonna end up loving her worst enemy?

"Tenten!!" yelled Ino who noticed her being in pain.

"It's okay, don't worry" she replied as the Yamanaka approached her.

"No is not! Tenten you can't go to the front line in your condition. What if you give birth?" she said.

"Yes I can Ino! And don't worry about the baby, it'll not get out of here until I said so"

"But-"

"It's final Ino" she insisted. "I will fight and I won't give birth until Neji's safe with me"

The Yamanaka sighed, "If you insist"

Meanwhile Gaara and Hinata were finishing everything with the rest of the lords.

"Then we should part tonight" said Hinata. "It'll buy us time"

"The first battle will be at Suna" said Gaara. "Once we conquer it we will be able to move through the forest."

"According to this" Shikamaru added while pointig at Itachi's letter. "He might be on his way to Sacred Valley. We just have to hope thay everything will turn out fine"

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" said Tsunade.

And with that, the meeting ended.

That night, they parted with all heir troops to Suna. Gaara and Hinata were at their room, hugging eachother as they stared at the sea.

"Gaara-kun"

"Hn?"

"What if we don't make it?"

"What do you mean?"

"The Uchihas" she faced the Kazekage. "What if they are stronger than us? What if we fail?"

"Hinata, look how far we've gone" he said. "Months ago you were a princess of a destroyed Kingdoom, running away to save your life. Now you're the King of the Seven Kingdooms with a whole army sailing back to fight against the Uchiha Empire."

He caressed her cheek, "We will make it Hinata. Then, when we finish this, we'll start a new life together."

"Together.." Hinata said, imagining herself getting married with the Kazekage, and raising a family with him. She smiled at the mere thought.

They kissed passionately, hoping that their love will prevail against all odds.