Part 13

Days passed as Gaara and Hinata prepared everything for the war. Everything was going accordig to the plan. Shikamaru made a strategy of attack and defense against the Uchihas, since he knew the Uchiha army was difficult to defeat.

Also, Kakashi, Tsunade and the other lords made everything they had to prepare their kingdooms aswell as bring their soilders and weapons to help in the war. Now, it was a matter of time for them to comfront Sasuke and his Empire. But for Gaara, something had him worried.

He hasn't received news from Suna.

The Kazekage wandered around his room anxiously. He knew Temari always brought him news from her journeys so why she hasn't told him anything?

"Gaara-kun?" asked Hinata while entering the roon and seeing him with worry. "What's wrong?"

"I haven't received any news from Suna and it's been days since they left!" he said while walking. "Do you think they made it safetly? What if they were attacked?"

"Gaara-kun I'm sure they are okay. They know when we'll part to attack and you know how Temari is about her duties.."

"That's exactly what I'm saying! Temari doesn't do anything without me telling her unless..."

"Unless?"

"Unless...there's an emergency.."

At that moment someone knocked on the door. Hinata opened it to see Tenten with a letter.

"It's from Sai" she said seriously, yet with worry.

"Finally!" said Gaara while approaching her. Then he looked at the brunette's face "What is it?"

"Just...read it" she said while trying to hold her tears as she placed a hand on her belly. Gaara took the letter and then he froze.

"Gaara?" Hinata said while he clenched his fist.

"That bastard!" he murmured. Hinata read the letter and gasped.

The Uchiha Empire attacked Sunagakure.

----------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't working Itachi-kun" said Izumi with worry as she gave him some pain killers. "We should ask Tsunade"

"No" he said while couhging. "Izumi, there's something I want to tell you..."

Izumi raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "What are you talking about Itachi?"

"What I have, can't be cured.."

"What?!?" she yelled in fear. "Itachi what do you mean?!?"

"It's a cursed mark Sasuke placed on me when he found out about us.." Itachi explained. "Izumi I'm sorry, I should've told you earlier"

"Baka! How could you not tell me?! I'm your wife!" Izumi said while crying. She knew he did it for her safety, even if he had to die.

Then she took a big breath, "Does he knows about the meeting? And our war strategy?"

Itachi's slow nod made Izumi put her hands on her face. She was frustrated.

"You know what this means right?"

Itachi closed his eyes.

"There's a way to solve this. Take this...to Shikamaru." he said while giving her a small piece of paper.

"What is this?" she asked.

"A way to solve this mess...Don't trust the Mizukage.." he replied while Izumi tried to stop her tears in vain.

"Please Izumi...forgive me.." he said as he smiled at her. And with that, he poked her forehead before entering in an eternal sleep.