Chapter 59: Held my own

5 months later *may 2018* ( so kentrell is already 18 and tia's birthday is coming up) 

Tia Aaliyah Johnson

" are you serious about modeling? cause if you not then I won't waste my time" My auntie tonia told me as we sat in the living room of her husband's mansion. 

I nodded as i held the pen in my hand, when my auntie called and asked me to be in her maternity fashion show then I was quick to take the offer. 

 " alright I have a upcoming show on the 12th which is very close, would you be ready?"  she asked as she stared me in the face as i nodded. My auntie was a event coordinator which was her job for years and she held many events such as fashion shows, concerts, and poetry slams. Which explains the reason why she's very wealthy. 

Growing up  she wasn't really in me and tamia's life because her and my momma never got along even though she's my daddy's sister. However, Every time me and tamia use to come to louisiana she'd always invite us to one of her fashion shows which we both enjoyed because we loved watching the models walk the runway. 

" okay sign here for me" she told me as she pointed on the blank line on the paper and after reading the conditions, I signed my first and last name neatly. 

" alright nice doing business with you neice" she smiled as she took the papers from me. 

-

" whatchu do over yo stankin ass auntie house?" my momma asked me as soon as I stepped foot in her house. 

"nothing I just signed papers then I stayed for dinner" I told her. 

" mhmm, you know I hate her bougie ass, she always thought she was better than everybody " My momma added as she watched judge mathis with a cigarette between her lips making me shake my head. 

" momma you hate everybody" I laughed before sitting down next to her, I find it funny how every time I sat down, I  had to place my hand over my lower back .

" where tamia?" I asked looking around the livingroom. 

" she stayed after school to finish her test, you know she graduate soon?" my momma asked as she smashed the cigarette into the ash tray. 

" yeah, these 7 months went by too quick" I sighed remembering when she started senior year in late august of last year. 

" yeahh, you talked to kentrell?" she questioned making me nod. 

" I ain't talked to kentrell in about 3 weeks, he been on the road ignoring my calls" I told her after shrugging, I told myself that I wasn't gonna call him unless it was about my monthly doctor appointments. 

" whatttt? 3 weeks? is yall crazy" she shouted before giving me a stern look which I hated. 

I shrugged, " ion got time for kentrell, he confusing" I spoke before getting my phone from out of my purse. 

I pulled it out and noticed i had 2 missed calls from tamia, I clicked over to her number and called her back and she picked up on the 2nd ring. 

" hello" I spoke into the phone. 

" yea, where you at?"  she asked 

" at yo house, where you at? " I asked back through the phone. 

" im at beenie house, come pick me up, i lied and told momma that i stayed after school so don't say nun" she explained making me sigh. 

" alright, you a headache" I said mumbling the last part before the line hung up. I slowly stood up from the couch with my hand over my back like usual.