Chapter 87: feel the same way

1 month later

Tia Aaliyah Johnson

Tia Aaliyah Johnson

" okay so, your mother is in an stable condition at the moment, she's taking the chemotherapy well and I can absolutely say, I've never seen anything like this in my 7 years of the Surgical oncology branch" The older white man explained. 

I begin to feel chills up my spin. 

prayer does work. 

" oh shit" my dad spoke before placing his hand over his mouth in surprise. 

" I did not expect to hear that, I'm so happy" tamia spoke with tears rolling down her cheek. I loved seeing my little sister happy cause it made me happy too. 

" I don't like giving out false information but with the information that we have received, your mom is set to live up to another 5 years" the man explained. 

I paused and then begin to start the water works. These past weeks we've received so much good news on how my mom was progressing, the doctor's told us when she woke up from her coma, she was functioning well. 

The tumor surgery went well and now all we prayed for was for her to become cancer free, because seeing my momma on the hospital bed a month ago, was terrifying . 

It hurted me, it really did 

" all we need is hope, tiffany is an strong patient, the strongest I've seen in years" The man confirmed. 

" awl man, i'm so lost for words right now. Thank you.." My dad effused, with the biggest smile on his face . 

" Yeah if their any updates what so ever then we'll let you know" the man replied.

" alright, thanks so much" I added before the man walked away as we stood on the 3rd floor of the hospital that my mom was located on. 

" Tia, you working tomorrow?" my dad asked seconds before the man walked away. 

I nodded with the same smile plastered on my face. " I gotta give you something, walk outside with me right quick....Tamia go in the room with tiff" my dad instructed causing us to all listen to his instructions. 

I started work about a week ago and it wasn't the same. It was a lot quieter without Brittany. It was like, she was the only person that i could talk to when I was going through something. She kept it real with me when nobody didn't. 

-

After the long way down to the parking lot where dad's car was, we finally made it . 

" now when I give you this, I want you to take it where it need to be. DON'T BE BULLSHITTIN" he explained to me before unlocking his car doors. 

I nodded as I watched him go into the backseat and reach for something While I stayed outside the car just looking. 

He pulled out a duffle bag that caused his whole arm to shift downward which meant it had to be heavy.