Chapter 1

Riku walked into the cafeteria and, as usual, a group of girls surrounded a certain brunet boy.

Sora Akishima was the most popular guy in school. He was rich, which made him a target for attention, and he was also super nice to the girls.

When he hung out with boys, he let his goofy side take over. His real self. That only happened with two guys. The ones he grew up with. Tidus and Wakka.

The only girls he didn't flirt with were Kairi and Selphie. Mainly because Kairi punched him once after he flirted with her. She only liked him as a friend. They were together since they were five.

And Selphie had a crush on Tidus. No one but Sora and Kairi knew. And Riku, since he over heard their conversation. They were talking right in front of him, and ignored him. It was as if he wasn't there.

Riku was always looked down on by Sora and his friends. He got along well with Kairi, and he didn't talk to Selphie. Tidus and Wakka liked to make fun of him when they had the chance.

They weren't what Riku would call bullies though. They were actually pretty childish for being juniors in high school.

Riku had long hair, so they would often pick on him and call him a girl. He didn't even look feminine. Heck, Sora looked more feminine than him.

When Riku spotted Sora, he let out a sigh. It wasn't that he hated Sora, it was just that Sora thought he was perfect. That got on Riku's nerves the most.

But Riku had to admit, the guy wasn't bad looking.

Sora smirked and excused himself from the group. He walked over to Riku's table, and the silver haired boy sent him a glare.

When he reached the table, Sora put his hands on the surface and leaned towards him.

"You're ruining such a pretty face by glaring," was the first thing out of Sora's mouth.

Riku rolled his eyes. He didn't believe anything this guy said, so he certainly wouldn't believe he was being serious.

Then again, others did tell him he was 'hot'.

"Smile a little," Sora told him.

Riku raised an eyebrow. This wasn't what Sora was usually like. Well, with him at least.

"What are you planning on doing, Sora?" Riku asked warily and a bit confused.

Sora pouted.

"Nothing." He sounded offended.

"You're acting strange," Riku said as he took reached for his backpack and took out his lunch.

"No I'm not," Sora said. Then he smiled. "I'm just happy that I got to see you."

Riku shook his head.

"You've hated me ever since I transferred here just because I'm not rich," Riku said with an annoyed look.

Sora rolled his azure eyes.

"You really think that's the reason?" he asked. To Riku, that tone sounded like he was mocking him.

Riku nodded.

"You're wrong," Sora started. "It's because all the attention was going towards you. All the girls looked your way."

"I never noticed that," Riku said. "But I don't care. Go away."

Sora stuck his tongue out. "Fine."

With that, he left. Riku stared at the shorter boy walk back to his fangirls. Sora never acted like this since he got to the school. That was at the beginning of the year, so almost a whole semester.