Chapter 16

A/N: Here's an early chapter

Riku was dragged into store after store. Sora had stopped spending, and now seemed to be looking for something. Riku remembered that he had said he liked drawing before after getting the rings. Riku was now trying to get him a sketchbook without him noticing. That was probably going to be easy, seeing as how Sora wasn't paying attention.

"I'll be over here, Sora," Riku told him, and Sora nodded.

Riku looked at all the different books. Some were for water colors, some for paints, and others for sketches. Riku was sure Sora had said sketchbooks, but he also liked painting since he seemed to enjoy it at school.

As Riku was about to get one, his phone rang. He left the book, and took out his phone. Riku checked the caller, and saw it was Roxas. Did he not find his key? Or was this for something else? Either way, Riku answered.

The voice that answered was not one Riku expected.

"Riku," Roxas said, sounding like he was in tears. "

I can't. I just can't anymore."

"Roxas, please calm down," Riku told him, not liking how he sounded. "What happened?"

"I lost everything. Everything." Roxas told him.

"What do you mean?" Riku asked. "You're scaring me."

"Please, just come back. I really need to talk to someone," Roxas said, avoiding his question.

"R-right," Riku stuttered, wondering why Roxas was like this. "Just stay at my house. I'll be right over."

"Thanks."

With that, Riku ended the call. The teenager ran to where Sora was, who turned with a bright smile. Then he noticed the look on his face, and started to worry.

"What's wrong?" he asked, putting a box down.

Riku didn't care what it was at that moment. He was worried and angry. He had a feeling it had to do with Roxas' mom and the argument his parents had.

"I really need to go see Roxas," Riku replied. "I'm so sorry. We'll add an extra day. Okay?"

"Y-yeah."

"Thanks. I lo-"

Riku cut himself off. Was he really going to say he loved Sora? He shook his head.

"L-let's go then."

Riku walked ahead, hiding his reddening face behind his hair. They didn't buy anything, instead Riku promised to come back the next day for the whole day if Sora wanted, since they didn't have school.

After Riku went to leave Sora, he ran to his own house. He saw the lights on. When he went inside, he saw Roxas sitting on the couch with his knees close to his chest watching a movie. Riku closed the door behind him, and Roxas heard it. He turned, and immediately cleaned his face.

"I'm so pathetic."

Riku sighed, dropping his keys onto the table and walked to him. He walked to him, and sat down. Riku wrapped his arms around him, making Roxas relax. He really needed comfort, but his mom had taken Xion somewhere, and his dad had left the house before that. That left Roxas alone.

"What happened?" Riku asked, letting go of his best friend.

"My parents are getting a divorce," Roxas answered in a whisper. "I'm to blame though."

"I doubt it," Riku said immediately.

"It is. My mom kept blaming me, and at first I didn't think it was, but they always fight because of me," Roxas mumbled.