Chapter 28

"Everyone, take out your homework so I can mark it and see who did it. I did tell you all that whoever brought it completed today would get extra points."

Riku bit his lip, as he put the paper in front of him. Roxas said it was okay, but Riku felt a bit bad. Of course, the writing wasn't like his, but the teacher knew how messy his writing got when he was in hurry so he wouldn't think much of it.

Riku was snapped out of his thoughts when he saw a shadow. He looked up to see the teacher looking over the homework, and he tensed. The teacher reached down and put his initials and moved on. Riku relaxed, and slid down on the chair with a small sigh.

The reason why Riku was so nervous was because this teacher didn't tolerate cheating, and would throw his paper away and give him and the other person a zero for both the homework and a major grade. That was his way of making sure they didn't cheat. To him, it didn't matter if they weren't in the same period. That meant that not only would he get in trouble, Roxas' grade would suffer as well.

Riku felt a tap on his shoulder, and looked back. There was a guy with long blue hair and matching sharp eyes. He kept writing on his worksheet, but held out a note.

Riku looked down at the note in his hand, but didn't take it. The other looked up with a scowl. Riku flinched when sharp eyes met his.

"Take it. It's for you, and I'm not keeping it," he told him. "I have work to do."

Riku nodded, and took it. Now he remembered who this was. Sïax, the smartest student in the whole junior class. A very cold one at that. He was always doing something school related in the building. Riku wouldn't be surprised if Sïax spent his breaks and lunch time studying. Sïax was always seen with with at least one book, whether it'd be a reading book or textbook. This surprised Riku, because Sïax wouldn't want to waste his time passing notes. He seemed to notice the look that Riku was giving him, and put his pencil down.

"I only did this because they wouldn't stop bothering me. It won't happen again."

After that, Sïax turned away, and continued with his worksheet. Riku frowned, but turned back around. The teacher had finished checking the homework, and returned to the front of the class. He started talking about more stuff that Riku didn't care about.

"...they'll have an announcement. Who are juniors in here? Your teacher will let you out a few minutes after class starts. You will need your student ID to leave though."

A few students looked at each other, complaining about their IDs. Some seniors only rolled their eyes, upset that they had to stay in class. Riku couldn't care less. Axel had ruined that by saying he would help the teacher, who hadn't even gotten their names. He was sure she remembered their faces, Axel's being the most recognizable due to those weird purple marking he drew on and his bright fiery hair. Let's not forget those amazing green eyes everyone loved so much.

Riku rolled his eyes at that thought. He couldn't deny that it was an amazing color, but everyone made a big deal about it. Even Axel himself didn't like it. The only people he could stand saying that were his friends. He loved it when Roxas complimented him. A lot of people that Riku knew had almost the same color, though he wouldn't say it was too common.

Xion had blue eyes, like her brother. Roxas and Xion had gotten their eye color more from their mom than their dad, but Riku was glad they were more like him. Then there was Sora. He had the same color, but to Riku, those would always be his favorite. Kairi, Tidus, and Namine also had the same.

Riku snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the teacher yell at someone for falling asleep. His thoughts had gone way off topic, and now he was way behind on the notes. Riku cursed under his breath, and picked up his pencil.