Chapter 42

Riku ran into his house, looking for the ring. As soon as he had gotten it, he had formed a strong bond with it and with the person who had given it to him. He felt a cold feeling wash over him when he couldn't find it, even after taking everything out.

"What the-"

Riku searched everywhere, but couldn't find it. He let out a frustraed sigh. It hadn't been too long, so he was sure he didn't put it somewhere else. Or had he? To others, it may seem like he was making a big deal but that ring was the one thing he couldn't lose.

He sat on the floor, frowning as he looked around his room. It couldn't just disappear. He frowned, thinking hard but then a golden flash caught his eye. He looked up, and saw the ring on a thin yarn. Riku sat up, looking at it suspiciously but took it anyway. A paper was stuck onto the nail the yarn, and he also took it, looking around.

"What?"

"Wish you a great love, but love is hard so you must chase it. Don't give up, keep trying. When you do something that takes you farther away from each other, then the words on this ring will get darker and it will show you on in someway. You will not seperate completely, as the other person is your soulmate but you can lose them if they do not continue to search and if they give up. Chase your love, don't let it go.
-anonymous"

"This is creepy," Riku said, bitting his lip as he crumbled the paper.

He looked down at the ring, and noticed that the words had gotten darker. He shook his head, and put it on which made the words lighten just a little. Riku felt his phone vibrate and checked his phone.

"Hey, it's Sora. Just wanted you to have my number."

"And...I noticed that you didn't have our ring."

"And how you treated me like a friend who you hadn't seen for a week or so. I'm sorry for the kiss, by the way. Just in case I made you uncomfortable and if I misunderstood what you said."

Riku sighed, and started typing.

"First of all, shut up. Second, I didn't want to scare you. Third, the ring was in my room. I have right it now. I'll show you."

Riku took a picture of his hand, and sent it. It took a while, but he got a positive response back.

"I'm glad. So do we still like each other? I still like you. You never gave me a reponse by the way."

"Yeah, I really like you. Love you|

"Yeah, I really like you|

"Yeah, I really|

"Yeah."

"I see. I gotta go. I'll talk to you later"

Riku wondered if just saying that one word was the wrong choice. Riku just didn't know how to act. He had always been a very reserved person, and always a bit distant from Sora. The two years apart after their little dates didn't help their relationship.

"Sora, what college did you go to? If it's still around here, do you want to hang out sometime?"

Riku waited for a response, but it never came. He just turned it off, and left back to Roxas'. Sora had just said he had to go, so maybe he didn't see it. He walked to Roxas' house slowly, in deep thought.

Roxas was a violent person, just like Kei, but all three of them were nice people and forcefully made him see what was right in front of him somehow, just like Roxas reassured him of what Sora felt.

Walking inside Roxas house was like walking into a restsurant. He could smell the food already. As soon as he opened the door, the smell of whatever they cooked reached him, and he felt his stomach growl. He hadn't ate that well, so now just smelling the food made his mouth water.

He even missed the soft vibration of his phone as he ran to the kitchen. Sora, in his house, kept waiting for a response but gave up since he needed to get his stuff and move to the dorms. Neither teen knew, but they were both worried if the other didn't think they were important anymore.

"Ay! Riku!" Kei exclaimed, pulling him towards the kitchen. "Roxas' dad is the best cook I've ever met!"

Before he could answer, something was thrown at his face. When he looked down, he glared at it.

"Why do you still have this?" Riku growled, looking up to Roxas and Axel, who looked too innocent. "Burn it."

"Ah, you can't. That's my sister's," Kei said, taking it slowly. "She'll kill me if she knows I took it."

"Why would you?" Riku turned to him, ignoring his best friend's dad. "And why does it fit me?"

"We, uh, kinda ripped it a bit," Kei mumbled and looked away, trying to hold back his laughter. "I'll just tell her that it was already like that."

"You three are the worse when you plan something." Riku sighed, shaking his head. "Sora saw me in that, do you know embarrassing that was? Imagine if someone else saw me?"

"I saw you."

Riku looked behind Kei, and saw Roxas' dad laughing. Riku turned bright red, and turned to glare Roxas who was holding onto the counter to not fall.

"I hate you."

"Aw, but Sora didn't say anything about it," Axel told him, putting an arm around it. "And no one saw you anyway, so what's the big deal?"

Riku shrugged his arm off, and grabbed the skirt and pulled Axel down by the collar of his shirt.

"Would you like to be in a skirt or a dress?" he hissed, shoving the skirt onto his chest. "Because if so, then we can arrange that, Axel."

Axel blew Riku's bangs away from the other's face, and saw the seriousness in his eyes. The redhead rolled his eyes, and then smirked.

"No, but I would like to see Roxas in one," Axel whispered, glancing at Roxas, who quickly turned when he heard his name. "Can that be arranged?"

"You pervert." Riku laughed, and shoved him away.

Roxas stormed to them, and hit Axel's back. Kei quietly got a plate from Roxas' dad, thanking him, and went to eat. He checked his phone silently, and sighed sadly.

"Whoa!"

Kei turned back, and saw the big fuss they made over the cooking. Roxas seemed the most pleased, and it was understandable. He loved his dad, and always enjoyed his food.

"You should've been a chef!" Kei called back, and heard a light laugh.

"No. That was too much."

Kei shook his head, and soon they all came out of the kitchen. They ate all together, cracking jokes, and almost spilling the food and drinks.

"Riku."

"Hn?"

"You'll make Sora dinner like this, won't you?"

"Again. What's up with that?"

"Axel is the main one who wants you to get together with Sora," Roxas said, pointing to his boyfriend.

"My ship is sailing."

"Our ship."

"What's this about ships?"

Roxas snorted, gaining a light slap on the arm from his father.

"Okay, dad. Let me explain."

After a through explanation, his dad understood.

"Alright. I'm onboard. Let this ship sail."

Riku smiled, and continued eating.

"Delicious," he commented to change the topic.

"We're so going to celebrate Sora's returned!"

A/N: I almost fell asleep lol