Chapter 41

A/N: Welp. I will try my hardest to fix Riku's lack of reaction with what I had last chapter and also lack of precense.

Riku kept spacing out, almost cutting his finger with the knife. Roxas' dad pushed him away from the counter, telling him to sit down some where he wouldn't harm himself. Roxas sat in front of him, all smirks and laughter. (H: what am I saying?)

"Are you alright?"

Riku snapped out of his thoughts, looking at Roxas with a confused look.

"What?"

"You are spacing out. You seemed to cool back there with Sora, but it looks now as if you're talking to him rather than me," Roxas told him, leaning forward. "Did you not feel anything after seeing him after two long years?"

"Of course I did, dumbass." Riku rolled his eyes. "But what do you think he would've said if I just ran to him, and hugged him while saying, ' love you, Sora. I missed you so much, and I can't believe I'm seeing you again when I never thought I would again.'?"

"That he loves you too?" Roxas told him, giving him a slap on his arm. "You freakin missed your chance, idiot."

"But do you think he still likes me?"

"Oh my God!" Roxas yelled, slamming his hands on the table as he stood up. "What of question is that?! Huh? Tell me! Fucking tell me, Riku! Why else would he fucking kiss you like that?!"

Riku jumped in slight surprise. Actually, scratch that. He was so surprised and scared that he almost fell from his chair.

"Calm down!"

"I will not when you're acting like such a fucking dumdass!"

"Axel!"

"No, don't you dare. Me and you are gonna talk about this. Come on."

With that, Riku was dragged into Roxas' room. Riku didn't put up a fight, knowing well enough it was going to a futile fight with Roxas. They walked in, and Riku sat on the soft mattress, waiting for Roxas to start talking.

"Okay. First, tell me what you felt and what you wanted to do," Roxas demanded. "I will not let you mess up again. Do not let Sora think you're not interested anymore."

"But-"

"Tell. Me."

"You're so weird."

"I will fucking tell him that even though you liked him, you went out with another girl. That will break his heart 'cuz I'm sure you know he probably never went with someone else," Roxas threatened.

"It was five days, dammit!" Riku growled, jumping up. "Let it go! I was pressured into that!"

"The tell me what I asked for!"

"What's with you all of a sudden?!"

"I wonder, despite all that you said to Sora, do you still like him?" Roxas asked in a softer tone, but Riku was still angry. "Because if you don't, then I won't let you lead him on like that."

"What are you saying? Of course I do!"

"You had such a normal reaction at seeing him again," Roxas responded.

"I didn't want to scare him off. Didn't you see that reaction he had when Axel hugged him?" Riku asked, shaking his head. "I don't think that's normal. He saw his hair, and Axel's the only one like that around, yet he still hit him hard."

"Yeah...I noticed."

"I was trying to so hard to control myself, and since I've always hide my emotions, it might've look as if I didn't care," Riku mumbled, looking down. "But when he left, what I held back broke through and I felt like I could lose him again, forever this time. When I got there, I started ranting and saying everything I held back, but he interrupted me."

"Yeah."

"Which made me feel bad since I lacked reaction when I saw him," Riku continued. "I honestly wanted to hug him, kiss him, and just tell him how much I missed him and how much I realized I love him."

"You're so cheesy. I'm gonna call you cheese ball now."

"You always change the mood."

"My job, thanks."

Riku laughed, gaining a bright new grin from his friend.

"Well, to fix your dumb mistake, treat your next meeting as if it was the first," Roxas adviced. "I know it was also kinda awkward having all your friends there, so I'll make sure next time you're alone."

"Thanks, but I wonder how Sora felt," Riku whispered. "Sora's just a happy and bubbly guy, so I doubt he'll show it when he feels sad."

"You screwed everything up."

"Obviously," Riku mumbled with a roll of his eyes.

"Thank me later."

"You're so dumb. Why do I hang out with you?"

"'Cuz I'm the best."

Roxas left soon after, leaving Riku to think. He wanted to punch himself for how he came across. He didn't think the lack of reaction would make others think he was uninterested.

"I'm stupid."

And what was worse was that he didn't have Sora's number, only Sora had his. If he wanted to, even though he said what he said, he could just throw it away or rip it.

"Please, Sora. Let me see you again, this time I'll show you what I actually feel."

A loud hard knock was heard, and the door suddenly swung open.

"Guess what?!"

Kei ran inside, and jumped next to Riku, who only groaned.

"What, Kei?"

"I'm leaving soon, and I didn't want to leave before saying goodbye to my friends."

Riku did get annoyed by him just now, but after heading that, he felt sad. He would miss Kei, even if could still see him, but he had gotten used to having him around.

"I'm probably the one who caused your awkwardness with Sora. I'm sorry," Kei apologized with sincerity. "I will not be in your way anymore. I hope you two make it though. Best of luck!"

Kei gave him a quick hug, and ran away, almost tripping over his own feet. After a few seconds, Kei poked his head back in, and grinned at Riku.

"And tell me how it goes. Waiting for my ship to sail! Bye!"

"I'm awkward! This is going to be hard!"

But Kei was already gone. Riku tugged at his hair. He looked up to see the mirror on the wall that Roxas used to see himself while he spiked his hair up, and noticed the mess Axel had left his own hair as. He had seen Sora's eyes, and he looked at his own. They both had gotten dark.

"This happened after I took off my ring," he said as he rubbed his eye.

He looked down, and rubbed his finger where the ring was supposed to be. Not having Sora around hurt, so to not think too much of him, he took the ring off and hid it in his drawer at home. He regreted it when he did, but didn't take it back. Seeing Sora's shine brightly made him feel worse. No one pointed it out. (not even the author because they're a forgetful and lazy person.)

Riku stood up, a determined look on his face and ran out of Roxas' room. He ran past Axel, who was just about to fo call him. Roxas, his dad, and Kei were in the kitchen when he yelled that he was going to his house and coming back.

"I can't lose that, and I can't lose Sora. I will show you how much I love you, and how much I missed you. All the emotions I held back, I will show you. I won't hide anything anymore."

A/N: oof. It sucks I know, but I'm honestly trying. If this isn't better, then I guess I'm not a good writer. Lol Bye!
By the way, another chapter will come out soon. Not sure when, but it will be today.