Chapter 13

When Riku woke up, Roxas wasn't in the bed sleeping anymore. Riku sat up, blinking the sleep out of his eyes. He noticed a note on the edge of his bed, and saw neat handwriting.

Riku yawned, and reached for it. He winced when he heard a crack, but nothing hurt. Riku ignored it, and finally managed to take the note. The silver haired teen read it, then rolled his eyes.

Hey, I went back to my house to get my backpack, but I'll be back in a bit. Let's hope my mom doesn't kill me when I get there. Get your breakfast ready. And, Riku, I'm not joking. E.A.T.

"I eat." Riku huffed like a child. "Just 'cause I missed breakfast two days last week doesn't mean I starve myself."

Riku put the paper down, and stood up. He stretched, and ran a hand through his hair while looking for clothes. He was going to wear his new jacket, so he didn't really care what shirt he wore.

Riku threw it on the bed, and looked through his closet.

He picked out a simple t shirt, and some jeans. He went to take a quick shower. He continued his morning routine until he Roxas come back. Riku had just finished drying his hair when Roxas walked inside the room.

"Ready?"

Riku shrugged. He noticed Roxas' hair was messier than usual, and his eyes were a bit puffed and red. Riku walked out of the bathroom, and went to his bed to pick up his hoodie.

"Almost. Just gotta eat," Riku answered.

Roxas nodded, and rubbed his eyes. Riku looked away. He must've fought with his mom. They went to make breakfast, and ate in silence for most of it. The only talk was Riku trying to make a few jokes to lift Roxas' mood.

It worked, and soon, Roxas started smiling and laughing. It made Riku happy as well to see his friend better than before. The question that was eating at him would have to wait, because it would only upset Roxas again.

When they finished, they headed out. They made it to school with a lot of time to spare. Xion was already there, but seemed to stay away from Roxas. Instead, she stayed with her friends. Roxas didn't even spare a glance, worrying Riku. Roxas and Xion never fought.

"Roxas," Riku called, stopping the blond by grabbing his shoulder.

Roxas turned, his blue eyes narrowed. Riku dropped his hand, surprised at the look Roxas have him.

"Not feeling like talking, Riku," Roxas told him, then started to walk again.

The good mood from before disappeared, and now the atmosphere around the two friends was tense. Riku let Roxas go, feeling like he needed space. He watched as Roxas disappeared into the school doors, then walked to them as well.

Instead of going inside, he sat on one of the benches and took out his phone. He put his backpack near him, hoping no one would trip or that he would forget it. After a bit, a shadow was in front of him. Riku looked up, and saw the familiar brown spiky hair and sky blue eyes.

"Sora," Riku said, turning off his phone.

Sora looked at the doors, then back at Riku. Riku noticed the worried look on his face. Sora hit his leg softly with the light red folder he had in his hand.

"What's wrong? One of your fangirls yelled at you?"

Sora glared, and crossed his arms.

"Like I would care," he said. "That's not it. It's Roxas. What's wrong with him? He ignored...what's her name? His sister."

"What's her name...?" Riku repeated, slightly upset. "Her name is Xion. And even I have no clue."

Sora frowned, and sat next to Riku. He put his feet up, and crossed them under him, placing the folder over his legs.

"And how did you notice that?" Riku asked, turning his head towards him.

Sora shrugged, blushing slightly. "I just happened to be looking that way."

"Right. Sure you weren't looking for me? I mean, I do get that I am handsome, but don't go falling for me." Riku smirked.

Riku hated saying that, but there was no way someone like Sora would fall for someone like Riku. He was sure of it.

"L-like I would fall f-for you!" Sora exclaimed, blushing even more.

Riku decided to do something bold. He leaned towards Sora, and lifted his face up with his finger. He stared into Sora's eyes, his smirk not fading.

"Are you sure?"

Sora's eyes widened, his face feeling very hot and red.

"Because from what I see, your reactions aren't from someone who doesn't have a crush," Riku continued.

'It's only a small joke.'

That's what he told himself. That's what he wanted to believe, because he couldn't show Sora about his new found feelings.

"I d-don't-"

Sora couldn't finish his sentence, and instead avoided meeting Riku's eyes. He saw that people didn't even look their way. Sora held the folder again, holding it tightly.

Riku wanted to move away, but couldn't. His body wouldn't move. The next thing that happened shocked both teens, even if one was the one who did it.

Sora shut his eyes, and leaned forward. He lifted his folder to cover their faces, and pressed his lips against Riku's. The older boy didn't know how to react. Part of him wanted to push Sora away, but another part wanted to hold Sora closer.

However, it was over quick. Sora jumped up, his face burning. He looked at Riku for a few seconds before back up. He turned and ran inside the school. Riku watched him go as he touched his lips. Riku's cheeks turned a bit pink, and groaned, leaning back onto the wall.

"What was that?"

The bell rung after a few minutes, but Riku wasn't feeling like getting up. When he saw almost everyone inside, he made his way to class as well. He picked up his backpack, and slowly made his way to class.

Luckily, he didn't have to see or talk to Sora that much. Or was he unlucky? Either way, Riku was really confused. It was obvious that Sora liked to mess around with people, but would he really go that far? Sora had made a big fuss about everything, so maybe the brunet did like him like Riku hoped?

Riku walked into class, not looking to the corner where Sora sat. Sora did the same thing. They just hoped it didn't make things even more awkward after school.

Riku took his seat by the window, and paid more attention to the world outside than his teacher talking about how they needed to be quieter.

'Maybe I'll ask him how he feels later. Maybe today, after school.'

Riku just hoped Sora wasn't just playing with his feelings, but Sora's reactions were definitely strange. Riku was sure of something. His feelings weren't that obvious.

Were they?

A/N: Woah, look at me being productive. Sorry. I decided to take a break from my other stories, and since I already had half of this chapter, I decided to finish it.