Chapter 8

Class was over, and everyone was starting their work again. Riku went to the front of the school and glared at the sign up sheet on the front desk. Axel was behind him, grinning. Roxas stood next to him, a similar grin on his own face. Riku sighed, and picked up the pen. He wrote his name, and turned to the couple behind him.

"Happy?" Riku asked, annoyed.

"Very," Roxas answered.

Sora came up from behind them, and looked at the sheet.

"Riku, you're singing?" Sora asked, without turning around.

Riku noticed he seemed a bit down. Now that he thought about it, he hadn't been bothering him at all the whole day as much as he used to. Riku just brushed it off, thinking it was due to him starting this whole thing.

'Finally, I bet Sora now knows what is feels like to do something big, instead of others doing it for you,' Riku thought.

"Yeah," was all Riku said.

Sora nodded, and turned to walk away. When he was far away, Axel bent down to Riku's ear.

"Sora doesn't look too well," he whispered.

Roxas was on the other side.

"Maybe you should talk to him."

Riku turned quickly. He saw his friends' faces and their expression. They were genuinely worried for the brunet.

"Look, you two. I'm worried too, but Akishima hates me. Nothing I do will help. I'll probably make everything worse," Riku muttered.

The couple looked at each other, then to him. Riku sighed, and shook his head.

"Forget it. Let's just go help in the auditorium," Riku told them.

They looked at each other once again, and nodded. They followed Riku to the auditorium. They stayed only for an hour, since they all had homework, and Sora knew they had to be tired. At least they got extra credit and help in their lowest class grade.

After that, it had taken a while, but the day of the event came. Video games were placed in one gym, the sports were held inside and outside, the baking in the culinary kitchen, and carnival like games in the front yard of the school.

Sora, although tired, was really excited. The students participating in the baking competition would sell the baked goods, certain games required a bit of payment, and the sports were completely free to watch.

As much as Sora hated it, the baking competition was just something added by the teachers. And because of that, Sora hadn't thought of anything for first place. He left that to Kairi. Tidus was in charge of the video games, and Wakka was in the front desk. Selphie was in charge of the few other games, the money, and of the sports. Sora was in charge of opening the event and of choosing the winner of the singing.

And, unfortunately for Sora, he still had to keep what he said about the winner. His friends said that he would 'obey' the singer who won.

"I'm not a slave," Sora had said.

They all headed to the auditorium after class. Sora was sitting on one of the chairs on the stage. Kairi frowned when she noticed his pale face, and his messy hair. Well, messier than usual. His bright blue eyes were drifting close.

"Sora."

The other didn't answer. Kairi sighed, and walked to him. She tugged on his hair, making the brunet jump. He looked around, and his gaze finally landed on the red haired girl.

"What?" he mumbled.

"You look terrible," Kairi commented.

"Thanks. Exactly what I wanted to hear."

Kairi giggled, and pulled on his arms.

"We still have twenty five minutes until everyone arrives. Go to the restroom and fix yourself," Kairi told him.

Sora yawned, and nodded. He stood up, and walked off the stage. What had him so tired wasn't the event, although that did play a part in it, but it was that he couldn't get over the fact that Riku might be together with someone else. He felt so stupid to even consider asking him out after school. And after he had just figured out his feelings for the older teen.

When Sora walked into the restroom, he headed straight to the mirrors. He stared at his reflection. He didn't understand what others saw as flawless and beauty. Sora was so insecure, but no one could see it. He acted the way he did, because that's what made him feel like he belonged. At least, with the popular kids. Since he was adored by girls and he was always a target for attention because of his family name.

Sora splashed a bit of cold water onto his face, and tried to tame his hair, but it was being stubborn like always. After a few minutes, he gave up. He walked out of the restroom, and saw Roxas sitting next to the door, his phone next to him with a finished call. Sora knew just how much trouble he went through with his mom. Apart from Riku, Axel, and his sister, no one else knew about it. The only reason why Sora knew was because Roxas had been talking about it while he sat behind them in a class.

Now, Sora wasn't someone to get into other people's business, but something about the way Roxas' voice cracked when he spoke made him feel sorry for the blond. Sora tried to talk to him, but Roxas was too hostile towards him. He was unfriendly and cold to anyone else except for three people. His boyfriend, his sister, and best friend.

"Keep walking, Sora," Roxas mumbled without looking up.

"But-"

"I said keep walking," Roxas growled as he looked up.

Sora shuddered when he saw the sharp glare. All he did before walking away was nod. Sora shook his head, and tried to put his act up again. The confident, carefree guy everyone loved. He needed it to face tons of students attending his event. But, how and why did Sora Akishima do this? That was something Sora kept asking himself. Something not even he could answer.

A/N: A new chapter in so little time! Where is this productiveness coming from?! Anyway, I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. What do you guys think?