Chapter 43

The rest of the day went by fast, Riku trying to calm Kei down when he started freaking out about leaving. Axel was also feeling a bit anxious about leaving, and the other understood. Leaving your home to live in dorms was not really something that was great.

Getting an apartment was only temporary. When he and Roxas couldn't bear the life in dorms, because they knew it wouldn't take long before they got tired of it, they would use their saved money to rent an apartment again. Meanwhile, the little stuff Axel had bought were going to be in Roxas's house and in Riku's.

Roxas' dad told him they could stay there, but Roxas didn't want to burden him anymore. He couldn't pay him back for everything, and maybe he would just be living there without doing anything. His dad told him he didn't need to pay him for anything, but Roxas felt like had to.

"Riku, I can't stay alone again," Kei cried, covering his face. "I don't want to lose contact. I just can't."

Riku looked at him with soft eyes, and placed a hand on his shaking shoulders. Riku also felt his chest tighten at the thought of having his friends farther away.

"You're going to be fine, we're not going to another country," Axel told him gently, walking to stand next to him. "I'll visit you as much as I can, alright?"

"D-do you really like me?" Kei whispered, a small hiccup escaping his mouth. "Recently, I feel like I've been more annoying than ever."

"Of course we do! You're not annoying! Don't you ever dare think that again," Roxas exclaimed, crounching in front of his chair. "Listen to me, Kei, you're our friend. You never annoyed us."

"In fact, you cheered us up every time were down," Riku added, ruffling his hair to which Kei responded by swatting his hands away.

"And you've been very helpful to me as well." Roxas' dad poked his head into the living room. "So cheer up. You can stay at your house, if you'd like. If it makes you feel better. There's no rule saying you have to leave, is there?"

"N-no," Kei stuttered, wiping his tears away. "I probably look pathetic, I'm sorry."

Riku frowned, and slapped his shoulder. Kei let out a loud cry, and turned to glare at the long haired teen. Roxas' dad shook his head, and left.

"What was that for?"

"For the stupid things you say." Riku huffed, crossing his arms. "You're our best friend, idiot. We love you."

"Aw!" Kei cheered up right away, and stood up. "You're adorable. Unfortunately, you aren't my type."

Riku rolled his eyes, and pulled Kei down. He giggled, and tried to get out of his hold.

"Stop!"

Axel swung his arms around Roxas, and started kissing him. Roxas pushed him away, but Axel circled his arms around the blond's waist.

"Look what you did, Kei!" Roxas exclaimed, laughing as he tried to get himself out of his boyfriend's hold. "Help me!"

"I'm sorry, Riku!" Kei cried, tugging at silver hair gently. "Let me go!"

"Say you're were wrong," Riku said with a laugh. "I'm everyone's type."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"You're weird, let me go!"

"Nope."

A sudden ringtone startled them, and they stopped. It stopped immediately, but they all took their phones out. As a weird joke, they all changed their ringtones to be the same and were lazy to change them again.

"Wasn't mine."

"Me either."

"Same."

"..."

They all looked towards Riku with big smirks on their faces. They put their phones away, and pretended that they needed to get something from the house that wasn't in the living room.

"Yeah, I love you guys but you're all idiots and perverts," Riku said, laughing afterwards.

He checked his phone again, and noticed the message was he had recieved from Sora a while ago. He cursed under his breath, and quickly checked it.

"Well, I'm going to college, but maybe it'll be wasted money. I have no interests yet, and since my dad let me off already, I have no clue what to do."

"And yeah, sure. When? I'm leaving today, but obviously school doesn't start until a few days so I'm still around."

That was an hour ago, so Riku was sure Sora had left already. He answered anyway, hoping he didn't miss his response next time. What surprised him though, was the quick response.

"Well what do you like to do? There's gotta be something worthwhile I can help if you need it? Whenever you have time to hang out and wherever you want"

"Who's turn was it...? We still need to finish the week. I'll wait for your response at the end of it. I won't listen to it until then"

"How about tomorrow? I'm heading back today so I hope you have time"

"And about what I like, I honestly don't know. The only thing I've thought about besides the business stuff my dad has said was organizing but who knows?"

Riku frowned. He was told what to for a very long time that now he didn't know what else to do, and what he actually liked. One thing was certain, Sora could excel in a lot of things if he really wanted to. Everyone could probably agree that Sora could have great leadership if he actually tried.

And who know? Maybe Sora would become a really great person people could admire. Riku sure did, especially in how his view of others changed within just a few days. Riku knew Sora wasn't a bad person deep inside, and he was seeing that now. Even back in high school, Sora had his very strong good points and his charm was nothing to laugh at.

Which made Riku fall for him. Hard. He didn't realize it back then, but that spark was something that was never going to die, it was only going to grow. He didn't see how much he had liked Sora, how hard he had fallen for him. The thing stopping him was his own mind. For whatever reason he had to not accept that feeling, he regretted thinking that way.

Now, Sora wouldn't listen until the end of the week. Anything could happen in four days. He just hoped it was nothing serious, or something that could affect their future. If anything did happen though, nobody was to blame except for himself.

Nothing would happen, right?

"Please. I love you, Sora...don't leave me again..."

A/N: dang, I can't seem to stop making this sad. Well I guess. This isn't really sad but whatever. Their second meeting is about to happen and does anyone remember those dates? XD They're going to finish them

And, by the way, I don't remember exactly when I started but it might be close to a year? I can't believe it. XD (edit: it's been a bit more than a year. How has time gone by lol it does fly)

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! Have a nice day or night. :)