Chapter 18

Roxas walked behind the other two, and listened to their conversation. Sora seemed really excited while Riku just nodded to whatever ridiculous things the brunet said. They reached a store, and Sora pointed to one. He grabbed Riku's and Roxas' hand, and pulled them into the store.

"Hey, let go!"

Sora didn't listen, and continued to drag them inside. Roxas glared at Riku, but he wasn't even looking at him. Roxas rolled his eyes, and continued to try to shake Sora's hand off his wrist but the other gripped even tighter.

"I'm talking to you, Akishima!"

Sora let go, and turned with a big smile.

"Roxas, I know you don't really talk to people, and have few friends," Sora told him, and Roxas clenched his fists. "I just want you to have fun. I don't know your problems, but have fun every now and then."

Roxas sighed, but before he could say anything, he ran to look at something. Riku laughed at that.

"Is he always like this?" Roxas asked in disbelief. "This is how the popular guy is like? The one that's so "cool" with the girls?"

"Yep. Completely different than when he's with girls," Riku answered. "Just give him a chance. I only spent a day with him, but he's fun."

Riku went after Sora, and left Roxas completely shocked and confused. He then crossed his arms, and smirked.

"I was right. Riku likes him."

"We were both right."

Roxas turned when he heard that. He knew that voice. Very well. Roxas was met with a tall thin teenager with fiery red hair and bright green eyes.

"Axel."

"Hey. How are you?" Axel waved.

Roxas shrugged, and looked away. He was a bit uncomfortable. He hadn't talked to him since he broke up with him.

"Good, I guess. Axel...can I...can we talk?" Roxas asked hopefully.

"Sure," Axel responded.

Roxas nodded, and walked somewhere with less people. Riku noticed, and watched them go. Sora shoved a plushie of something black with only golden eyes. Riku pushed it away to have a better look at it.

"What is this?" Riku inquired, taking it from Sora.

"It's called a Shadow!"

Sora turned, and took another one. It was a bit round, a blue fluffy ball as Riku had immediately called it. Sora had another one in his hand. Now this one was definitely a ball of fluff. It had small wings, and was mostly yellow with purple.

"These are dream eaters," Sora told him. "They're cute! All of them."

Sora then got quiet, and took the smaller one. Riku frowned, and kept the Shadow. He looked around for Roxas, but didn't see him. He knew he was okay, though, and he hoped he made up with Axel.

He went to pay for the plushie, and saw Sora with a bag. He smiled, and handed the bag to Riku.

"I was going back inside, why are you here?" he asked, then saw his bag. "What's that?"

"This?" Riku raised his bag. "That Shadow plushie thing you showed me. Here, you can have it."

"Oh." Sora looked down. "Well, I also bought these for you."

Inside Sora's bag was the two Dream Eaters. They exchanged bags with a laugh.

"Hey, let me call Roxas. I saw him with Axel, but I don't want to leave in case he doesn't go with Axel," Riku told Sora.

The shorter teen nodded, and they walked out of the store. They walked around outside. Well, Sora decided he wanted to sit down, and left Riku pace while he called Roxas. After a few seconds, he picked up.

"Are you with Axel?" Riku asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yep. I'm still here inside," Roxas replied. "You and Sora can have fun together. I'll meet you guys wherever you are. Just call me."

"If you're sure."

"Positive. I've got some problems to deal with. Sorry about leaving," Roxas apologized.

"No, it's alright. I was just wondering where you were," Riku told him.  "I'll call later then."

"Yeah. Bye."

After that, he hung up then turned to Sora. Riku gripped his bag, and took the blue one out. He threw it at Sora, who barely caught it.

"Riku, what-"

"I'll keep one, you take that one."

Sora looked down at it, and sighed. He nodded, and put it inside his bag along with the other one. Sora saw another store he could go into, and pulled Riku along.

They walked in, and Riku saw it was it a video game shop, and Riku immediately took interest. Sora watched as he walked around, looking at the spine of each case.  Just as he was about to look himself, he saw two of his friends.

"Tidus! Wakka!"

Both teens turned around at the same time, and a grin spread on Tidus' face.

"Hey, Sora! What's up?"

Sora shrugged. "Just here with Riku. Where's Selphie?"

"She's at some dance lessons with Kairi or something," Tidus said with a shrug, as if he didn't care much about where they were. "I just know they're taking class of something."

"Aw!" Sora complained. "I wanted to ask them something."

Tidus laughed. "Well, you'll see them when he return to school."

"It's not the end of the world," Wakka said with a chuckle.

"The sooner the better though." Sora winked. "But it's fine. You're right, Tidus."

Then Tidus' face changed from happy to upset.

"You're hanging around that weird guy, huh?" Tidus asked. "Riku was it? I feel bad for you."

"What? Why?" Sora immediately got upset.

"I'm just saying." Tidus put his hands up. "It must be horrible being around him."

"You were worried about Roxas before. How's Riku any different?" Sora glared, and stepped forward.

"I-I just know how it feels to be picked on by other people," Tidus replied, and took a step back. "But I will never put myself down at Riku's level."

Sora growled, and pushed Tidus. Wakka caught him before he fell, and looked at Sora. The brunet was glaring at the blond with so much anger.

"Don't talk about Riku that way. What do you know about him?"

"I hate him!" Tidus exclaimed. "He's just so perfect, and it pissed me off!"

Sora resisted the urge to get near Tidus again, but still kept glaring at him. Wakka glanced around at the people looking at them. He was sure that soon the staff would come and kick them out.

"Everyone has their problems. No one is perfect, and if there's other reasons to hate Riku, you better think them over," Sora told him. "And not liking them due to their social status or class or whatever is stupid. I've learned that from him."

With that, Sora walked away. Riku had been listening to that, but pretended like he hadn't. The only people who ever stood up for him like this had been Roxas, Axel, and sometimes Xion. Having someone defend him now from their own friends made him happy. He didn't want Sora to fight with his friends, but hearing him say that about him did put a small smile on his face.

Maybe, just maybe, Sora wasn't playing around with his feelings. Maybe he did like him. That was something Riku hoped, even if he was still confused on what exactly it was he wanted.

A/N: Hey! There's probably going to be random updates now. And like always, I hope enjoyed. Let me know what you think.