Chapter 4

Sora rolled around on his bed, clutching a pillow to his chest. The light from the T.V. was the only thing that lit up the room. He furrowed his eyebrows as he thought about the competition.

It wasn't going to be big, obviously, because the teachers weren't going to let him due to it being just about Sora. He had already gotten the idea rejected by his English teacher. He didn't want all his work to be for nothing.

Maybe if he could make it about everyone, then maybe they'll let him do it. With this idea, he grinned and jumped from his bed. It wasn't too late, so it didn't matter if he made too much noise. Besides, his parents had a meeting with someone important that Sora didn't care about.

He took out his notebook where he had it planned. Sora loves planning and organizing things but his father always told him that it was a waste of time. All he needed was to focus on school and graduate then take over their company.

Sora hated it. He didn't want to take over anything. He honestly wanted to live a simple life. He really envied the people who had an easier life. Like Riku.

Sora stopped what he was doing when the name popped into his head.

Riku.

The sliver haired boy wouldn't leave his mind since the first time he had seen him. He acted like he didn't like him, but he was sure others would dislike him for liking a guy. And he can't afford to look bad to others. His parents were really open minded. They didn't mind if he was straight or not. In fact, he had already told them he liked guys.

They were okay with it and nothing changed between them. Sora let out a frustrated yell as he ruffled his hair. When he was done, he pouted and his hair was sticking up even more than usual. He heard a knock and the door opened.

The maid was brought his clean clothes and asked if he was okay.

"Yeah," Sora said. "I'm fine."

She nodded but still looked worried. Sora noticed and smiled.

"Really, I'm fine," he reassured her.

She nodded and walked out. Sora picked up his notebook again and started to write. He could make it a competition for the whole school. Like a school festival. That way, he could make it.

Doing it this way, more people could help and participate. Sora decided to not make it just about himself. At least, not anymore. He would make Riku think he really is full of himself. But he really just wanted to get his attention.

With that idea in his mind, he started to write it down.

~

Riku cursed as he ran back to the stove, nearly dropping the ingredients he was carrying. He left them on the counter as he turned off the stove. He waved his hands in front of him to clear the smoke coming from the pan.

Riku sighed and picked the pan and discarded the burnt contents. He then put it inside the sink, telling himself he would wash it later. Riku pulled out a small band to tie his hair back and looked for canned soup. He wasn't going to cook again. He didn't want to burn it.

'I bet Sora doesn't have to worry about making his meals,' Riku thought bitterly as he opened it.

When he finished getting his meal ready, he walked into his room. He didn't have anyone to eat with so it didn't matter if he ate at the table or not. Just as he sat down, he heard a light knock. Riku frowned, but stood up anyway. He put the bowl on his dresser and went to open the door.

When the teenager opened it, he didn't expect to see Axel.

"Hey, Riku," Axel greeted with his usual grin, but something seemed off. "Can we talk?"

Riku nodded, and moved to let the redhead inside. Riku closed the door behind him and turned. Axel stood there, looking at the floor.

"Let's go into my room," Riku told him.

He walked to it, and heard Axel follow. Riku glanced at his food but didn't make a move to get it.

"I have something that's been going around school for the last few hours," Axel started.

Riku raised a brow. "So this wasn't about Roxas?"

Hurt flashed on Axel's face for a second, but then looked away. Riku mentally slapped himself after that.

"Nah," Axel answered in a quiet voice. "He won't talk to me. But that's not the point."

"Then what is?"

"Akishima's contest," Axel told him.

"Haven't heard about it," Riku said with a bored expression.

Axel gasped in a dramatic way and dug into his pocket to get his phone. When he did, Axel shoved it in Riku's face. Riku read it and frowned.

"Why are you following Sora?" Riku asked.

"That's the first thing you ask?" Axel wondered. "Whatever. It's not important."

Riku rolled his eyes and pushed his phone away. "Not interested."

Axel smirked and leaned forward. "Are you sure? I heard from a certain someone that you had a thing for him."

Riku narrowed his eyes, and looked directly at Axel, almost hitting his nose with his own. Axel's green eyes were full of mischief.

"It was him, wasn't it?" Riku asked, referring to Roxas.

The only response he got was a smirk. Axel laid down on the bed and grabbed a pillow. He hugged it and looked through his phone.

"Roxas sent me a picture he edited," Axel snickered.

He turned and gave it to Riku. Riku nearly dropped the phone when he saw it. It was when Sora had leaned towards him during lunch and he added some words.

"True love doesn't know gender. And this love doesn't know social class. Or personality because these two are complete opposites."

Riku forced a smile and handed it back.

"The first part was okay, but the rest wasn't. And who gave him permission to do that?!" Riku yelled.

Axel shrugged.

"He said he, "ships" you two," Axel told him as he did air quotations.

Riku tilted his head. "Ship? Why would he ship us?"

"You know what that is?" Axel was surprised. "Well, whatever. He's really weird."

Riku snorted then coughed. Axel burst out laughing, clutching his phone in his hand.

"Yeah, he is. But he's a really great guy," Riku said and sat down next to Axel.

"Yeah, even though he's gone through a lot," Axel mumbled.

Riku nodded, then frowned.

"Axel, you interrupted my dinner," Riku told the redhead with an annoyed tone.

"Oh, sorry princess," Axel said sarcastically.

Riku threw a pillow at him, and let a satisfied smile on his face when it hit Axel on his face.

"I don't need your sarcasm right now, Axel. I'm not a princess either," Riku huffed.

Axel placed the pillow on his lap and smiled.

"Sorry, sorry," Axel said with a small laugh. "I just wanted to know if you were gonna help and participate."

Riku shrugged and picked his bowl and started eating. Axel stood up, and threw the pillow back.

"Sorry for bothering you. I'll see you later," Axel said and started to walk away.

Riku shook his head. "You didn't bother me. See ya tomorrow."

Axel nodded and left. Riku heard the door close. He continued eating, thinking about the competition.

A/N: Does anyone want a side story for the AkuRoku? About their relationship and problems? I can talk more about them there since this is a SoRiku story.