Chapter 5

Riku was already in bed. He was looking at the ceiling, thinking about what Axel had said. He disliked Sora, but he would go if his friends went. Granted, Xion was not going to go, but Roxas and Axel would.

He turned and hugged a bigger pillow close to his chest. He narrowed his eyes when he remembered Sora's friends. He didn't hate them, but they did annoy him a bit. He sighed and debated going.

Riku turned to the other side and reached for his phone. He looked for Axel's number and texted him. He asked the redhead about the time and when he could start helping. Not a minute after, he got a call from Axel. With a sigh, Riku tapped the green circle.

Riku placed it next to him on speaker, and waited for Axel to answer. He laid back down, facing the ceiling once again.

"That better not be your...boyfriend."

Riku looked to the side, glaring at his phone. Axel had the same problem Roxas had then. He rubbed his eyes, trying to stay awake. Sleep was starting to catch up to him.

"No...It's my best friend."

Riku smiled at that. He wanted to talk, but he didn't want to pull Axel from talking to his parents. He knew they loved him, but they were so strict. Axel told him that even though he told them he liked guys too, they didn't treat him too different. They were upset, but they didn't hate him. Roxas was still in the worse situation.

"Who?"

He heard Axel sigh and then answer.

"Riku. Now let me talk."

Riku heard a door open and close. Then Axel started to apologize.

"Hey Riku. Sorry about that. Still have that little problem with my parents," Axel explained.

Riku rolled his eyes, even though Axel couldn't see. Axel laughed, and knew he could already imagine it.

"Don't worry about it. It's fine," Riku told him. "Just so you know, I know you'll definitely choose the right choice."

Axel didn't answer for a few minutes. Riku frowned then decided to ask why he called.

"So Axel," Riku started awkwardly, "why did you call? You could be just answered my text."

"Cause I'm extra," Axel joked.

Riku laughed. Axel joined him, but after a bit, it faded and Axel decided to answer truthfully.

"I think it's better to talk than to text," Axel told him, then his voice changed.

"So, is your text a sign that you want to go?" Axel asked with mischief laced in his voice.

Riku frowned. He actually didn't even know why he asked. Sure, he told himself it was because of his friends, but he felt like he was using as an excuse. Still, he would go with that if he had to.

"Probably. I'm going only to hang out with you and Roxas," Riku responded.

Axel snorted. "Probably he says."

Riku raised an eyebrow. "What's that mean?"

"You definitely want to go," Axel responded.

Riku sighed and sat up. He grabbed his phone and placed it next to him while he hugged his pillow.

"Don't know, Axel. I hate that I feel like I do," Riku told him.

Axel didn't say anything for a while, so Riku looked to see if the call was still going. It was, and Riku sighed again.

"Axel-"

"Let me tell you something," Axel interrupted.

Riku frowned, but let Axel continue.

"I have a feeling you like Akishima, but before you deny it," Axel started, and Riku closed his mouth when the redhead told him to not deny it, "I want to tell you about when Roxas and I met."

Riku rolled his eyes, but a smile started to form on his face. Riku didn't seem like it, but he loved to heard his friends' stories about their relationships. Well, the good parts anyway.

"The stupid teachers had changed my schedule."

'Wow. What a great start,' the silver haired teen thought sarcastically.

"So they put me in some other class I hadn't bothered to look at on my schedule," Axel continued. "I sat next to Roxas, as that was the only place left. After a few days, I noticed Roxas wasn't the most talkative."

Riku nodded. He remembered when he had met the blond. He was really quiet. Granted, Riku didn't talk much either, but he would keep a conversation going. Roxas just nodded or shook his head. He sometimes gave one word responses. However, as time passed, Roxas and Riku grew closer and Roxas started to come out of his shell. (H: Wait. I didn't know Roxas was a turtle-)

"Of course, I didn't force him to talk, but I started to get interested, even if he acted like a zombie a bit," Axel laughed.

Axel kept talking about it, and with every word, Riku thought more about Sora and his feelings. He hated to admit he like him though. It was wrong. He couldn't fall for him. Sora would probably just laugh at his face and make his life at school miserable.

"And that, my friend, is how I got Roxas to date me!" Axel exclaimed.

Riku had tuned out most of what he had said, but nodded. "That's nice."

Axel didn't say anything, and laughed.

"It's the best thing that could've happen to me," Axel said with a happy sigh.

"Anyway, Riku. The preparations start tomorrow at 6:45. Don't be late. Goodnight," with that, Axel hung up.

Riku frowned but turned off his phone. He laid back, and once again stared at his ceiling.

"I'll go."

He got comfortable in his bed and closed his eyes. He hated the feelings that were starting to awaken, and that Axel was pushing him towards Sora.

"I hate you, Akishima," Riku mumbled.

Surprisingly, he started to fall asleep. He was really tired, and quickly started to dream.

"I love you, Sora."

A/N: I'm sorry it's short. At least it's something. One thing before you leave, Riku had always like Sora, but pushed his feelings away. He's just starting to notice. Okay, that's it. See ya!