Chapter 3

Riku stuffed his papers and notebooks his backpack and waited for his teacher to talk to him. His father wasn't home, so he didn't have to worry about being late. His father had been on a business trip for two days, and wasn't coming back until a few more. Not that he would go to Riku's house. He lived on his own, after all. Roxas' father came to check up on his every few days, and he was grateful that someone cared for him.

"Riku."

The silver haired boy turned to where he heard his name. He smiled when noticed messy blond hair.

"Hey Roxas," greeted Riku.

Roxas had his hands in his pockets, and leaned against the closed door. Riku hadn't even heard the door open.

"Where's Xion and Axel?" Riku asked.

Roxas was never without his sister and boyfriend. He mostly spent time with Xion, because they were siblings.

"Xion left early because mom is taking her to Canada for who knows how long," Roxas said bitterly. "And I have no idea where Axel is."

Roxas' mother didn't spend a lot of time with him. She preferred Xion since his mother wanted a girl. Xion hates how her mother prefers one over the other. Their father loves them both equally and that is why he takes care of Roxas when his mom leaves him alone. Their father tries to make their mom understand that it makes things worse for Roxas, since he already has to deal with his mom's hateful words about his sexuality.

Riku was snapped out of his thoughts when Roxas sighed. He pulled out his phone and picked up the call.

"Axel, where the hell have you been?" Roxas growled into the phone without letting the other answer.

"Mr. Mizukawa," his teacher said and Riku tensed.

Roxas heard, and stopped arguing with Axel. He smirked and watched as Riku turned to the teacher. He gave Roxas a glare before turning completely to the teacher.

"Riku, I know my classroom isn't too far from the cafeteria," his teacher started, "so I'm worried something is happening."

Riku looked down. He didn't know what to say. He heard Roxas snort but covered it with a fake cough. He continued to talk to Axel.

"No, nothing is going on," he told her.

His teacher sighed.

"So is it because of the worksheets?" she asked.

When Riku didn't answer, she knew the answer.

"Every past year, I've always tried to make the class fun, but right now I'm so busy. Here and at home," she explained.

Riku nodded. She might have the most boring class, but she was one of the nicest teachers.

"Your class is okay," Roxas said from next to him.

Riku jumped a bit then turned to the blond. Roxas turned to him and smiled. Riku hadn't noticed he had walked next to him. He noticed his phone was clutched tightly in his hand.

"Is it really?" she asked with a bit of amusement. "You, more than anyone else, need some fun in the class."

At that, Roxas looked away with a hint of pink on his cheeks. Riku raised an eyebrow then turned to the teacher. She shook her head.

"My busy schedule is almost over. You'll see more improvements in the class," she told them. "I'm glad everything is okay."

Riku nodded for what felt was the millionth time. The teacher smiled and handed Roxas something.