Chapter 50

Sora hid behind a tree, looking around to see if there was a way to climb it in case he was found. Kairi had lost the paper rock scissors game, and was it. She was trying her best to catch at least one of them in under five minutes, there was no way she was going to run around screaming who knows what. The boys would definitely know what to do, though she was already pretty much embarrassed at even running around the park with kids and some adults.

There was no way she would lose.

But with that determination, you'd think she would win, right? Well, no. She didn't. She was so close at catching Tidus, but he somehow jumped over a bench, which slowed her down.

After five minutes or so, they stood in the middle of the park with Kairi sulking. She shouldn't have agreed to do this, hopefully the guys would go easy on her, nothing too stupid. Or maybe not stupid at all, but that wouldn't happen with Tidus and Sora around.

'At least I know Riku's a reasonable person.'

She turned to him, and saw the big grin he had, listening intently to the other two's ideas. Kairi now knew, Riku was not as mature as she thought he was before. She sat on the ground, and waited.

After a few minutes, they turned to her, and Riku helped her up. He gave her an apologetic smile, but she could still tell he was in on it.

"Okay. Kairi, you'll have to run around," Sora told her, and Kairi rolled her eyes, as if saying she already knew, which she did. "You'll pick up a stick, hold it high and say, "I'm the queen of this park, and all of you will have to obey." Pretty simple, and not so embarrassing, right?"

"You're stupid," she told him bluntly, glaring. "Only the fact that I'm running and yelling embarrassed me."

Sora winked, and gave her a light push. He and the other two ran to stand by the bench to watch, while Kairi gave them a pleading look. They ignored it, and she could only sigh and pick up a stick.

"Why the stick?" She whispered loudly to herself.

With a deep breath, she raised and said in a medium shaky voice, "I'm the queen of this park, and you all will have to obey."

"Louder!"

"And run!"

Kairi swallowed her embarrassment, and closed her eyes before running around, purposly hitting their arms as she passed by them.

"I am the queen of this park, and you all will have to obey!"

The three of them bust out laughing, and literally fell over each other on the ground. The adults looked at them with worry, then turned to Kairi with confusion. The little kids, wanting to join, followed along with Kairi. They followed her, yelling things out too. She smiled, and felt that she wasn't as embarrassed as before.

Tidus ran to them, pretending to be a dragon while a kid tried his best to protect Kairi. They started playing with them, while Sora and Riku stood in the same place. The brunet took Riku's hand, lacing his fingers, and looked up. Riku turned, and smiled. He tighted his hold, making Sora give him a bright smile.

They sat down, not letting go of the other's hand, and started talking about random things. Sora started drawing the park with the many kids playing with his friends, while Riku ate the candy, once in a while offering some to Sora, who only opened his mouth to have Riku feed him. Riku shook his head, thinking how cheesy and childish it was, but still fed him.

"I hope this never ends," Sora commented, not looking up as he was still drawing. "I hope to see my other friends, and always be by your side."

"I'll be yours forever."

Sora stopped moving his pencil, and looked up at him with a confused look, though Riku also saw some uncertainty. Why?

"What's wrong?"

"Would you really spent every day of your life with me?"

"Of course. I love you. I'm sorry I never said it properly," Riku told him sincerely, and looked straight into his blue eyes, "and I always will. Can I ask this now?"

"If you're going to ask what I think you are, let's wait," Sora told him, returning to his drawing. "We spent about two years without an answer, what's two more days?"

"Right..."

Riku didn't like it, but at least they both knew what the other felt. Riku leaned on Sora, feeling his soft brown hair tickle his cheek. He felt like this was a dream. All those days before, he thought he would never see Sora again, but buying the books and pencils brought him a sense of hope he never knew he needed so much.

He didn't think he would ever love someone as much he loved Sora, and he never thought he would cry so much at losing that person.

Riku felt happy at being next to Sora. He never really explored his feelings towards Sora before, and just passed it off as interest in him due to how arrogant and rude he was. He just thought that he was curious about the reason behind that, but in reality, he just wanted to get to know more about him.

Sora was his world, and now he realized that. He wouldn't let go of him now, even if their relationship was hanging by a thread, he wouldn't let go of Sora's hand.

"Don't cry."

Riku was brought back from his thoughts by a soft hand on his face. He blinked, his vision blurry. He felt tears run down his cheeks, and after a few seconds, he hugged Sora tightly. Sora, confused, only patted his back awkwardly.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just happy I'm with you," Riku mumbled into his neck, tickling Sora.

"Riku!" Sora exclaimed with a laugh, pushing him away.

"Sorry." Riku chuckled, and backed up. "But I need to let you know, no matter what problems come our way, I'll always be by your side."

It took Sora a moment to respond, but when he did, he jumped on Riku to give him a hug and a small kiss on his nose. With a light blush, he grinned, and answered him happily.

"Yeah!"

A/N: All of you, you're going to cry with me when this fanfic ends. If you don't, I will find you and ask you, "why?" lol I'm joking. But it'll be over before I get to 60 chapters. It's been a long year, and a long ride, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Bye! See you next chapter. :)