Chapter 53

Sora walked inside, and closed the door leaning against it, thinking about what Riku had just said. Did he really have a right to be upset? If he had not been stressed and occupied, would he have done the same? They did know what the other thought to some point, but did they really believe they could keep their promise? Was there ever a solid relationship, whether it was friendship or not?

Sora let out a long sigh, and pushed himself away to walk into the living room to leave his stuff. There, he found his caretaker he hadn't seen for a long time. At first, Sora was shocked, but then excitement bubbled inside him as he ran to hug her. She barely managed to return it, and Sora kept mumbling so many things.

"It's nice to see you too, Sora." She laughed, patting his head. "And you still grew. How are you doing now?"

Sora pulled away, and grinned. He sat on the carpeted floor like a kid despite being a full grown adult now, and shrugged.

"Pretty good. Got to meet my friends again," Sora told her, then looked around for his parents. "Where's my mom and dad?"

"Your dad went to buy something, and your mom is in the kitchen," Clara responded, and pointed to the kitchen. "She said something about making some tea."

"Oh."

It was a bit quiet, but not awkward. Well, for Clara. She seemed very calm, and relaxed. Sora, on the other hand, had many thoughts runnung through his mind, and not only about his caretaker's return.

"So," Clara broke the silence, "what ever happened with that person you liked? Riku, was it?"

Sora glanced at the bags near the door, and she also turned to them. She smiled, and nodded, as if understanding what he was thinking.

"He gave me that. We actually just met because one of his best friends' happens to be my cousin?" Sora rolled his eyes, scratching his arm while looking away. "Somehow. I'm still not completely over that."

"Oh?" Clara raised an eyebrow. "Really? Well, it must be fate. Just like your ring."

She pointed to it, and Sora looked down. Sora frowned, and nodded.

"Guess so. This ring is weird though," he mumbled, tracing the tiny letters on it. "My eyes gained a dark color, even though blue eyes don't changed that drastically."

"They may not on their own. It may not be natural," Clara told him, taking his hand in her own, "but since that ring holds magic, then it changes some part of you. And also, your soulmates."

"Magic? I don't believe that," Sora told her, his face holding nothing but seriousness. "There's no way."

"Don't be so sure about that, Sora," Clara said with a glint in her eyes. "Just because it's hard to believe, or you don't understand, or even if it's not common doesn't mean it doesn't exist."

"You're confusing me." Sora frowned, and she laughed. "Honestly, I hate to think about that. Because that way, I can tell when I'm not doing things right."

"Oh, no. Don't think that," she told him, letting his hand go. "Judging by the color, you're doing just fine. And even if it gets dark, it doesn't mean you're failing. Just believe that there will always be something that will help you up."

"Such good advice."

They both turned, and saw Sora's mom holding a tray of three cups of tea. Sora got up to help her, and set them down on the coffee table then regained his seat on the floor. His mom told him to not sit there, but he was comfortable.

"I think you'll do fine, Sora," his mom told him, ruffling his hair. "You didn't hold hope all this time for nothing."

"Thanks."

~~~~~~~~

"Water...I'm dying..."

Riku went to get it fast, but tripped over his own feet. Axel had also tripped over Riku's many books scattered on the floor and now laid there, holding the empty plastic cup in his hand.

A loud and painful cough was heard, making the other two flinch. Roxas' eyes looked really tired, and it didn't help that when Roxas didn't get enough sleep, he got grumpy. Though it wasn't as bad since he was sick. It pained both of them, hearing his complains, and his coughs.

"Why me?" he complained, rolling to his side to let out more coughs.

"I think I broke a bone," Axel complained, also rolling his side.

Riku turned to face up, and rubbed his eyes. He and Axel didn't get any sleep either, and he was a bit sad he wouldn't be able hang out with Sora like he wanted to. Being tired made for a bad date, and Riku didn't want to let Sora down.

"I think you'll be fine in a week," Riku mumbled, and sat up and walked to take Axel's cup. "You alright, Axel?"

"No. I'm dead."

"Right." Riku laughed, and walked out of the room to get Roxas water. "I'll be back."

After a few minutes, Riku came back with a few snacks and water. He handed Roxas the water, who gulped it down as fast as he could without choking and laid back down.

"I feel dizzy. I wanna throw up. Why?" Roxas complained, and kept complaning throughout the whole morning.

"I don't know, Roxas." Axel stood up, and let himself fall next to his boyfriend. "I'm sleepy. Can I sleep here?"

"You're going to get sick," Roxas told him, pushing him away but Axel stayed put. "I mean it."

"I don't care. You're sick, I'll be sick with you," Axel mumbled into his shirt. "I wanna cuddle."

Roxas sighed, and gave up. Axel grinned, and covered himself with blankets. Riku stood awkwardly to the side, but smiled anyway. A phone rang, but Riku knew it was his. He picked up, and heard Sora's cheery voice.

"It's too early, Sora. Calm down," Riku mumbled, rubbing his forehead but held a happy tone to his voice. "What's up?"

"You didn't sleep?" Sora asked with worry. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just that me and Axel stayed up with Roxas because he's sick," Riku gave him a quick explanation.

"Oh, I hope he gets better soon. I just wanted to say that I want to take you somewhere just to mess with you, but maybe not."

"Where?" Riku asked, now interested.

"A restaurant."

"Your kind of restaurant, I bet," Riku said jokingly. "Fancy rich and an extra restaurant."

"Yep."

"I'll go."

"Also, I'm happy and cheery because my caretaker slash maid came back," Sora explained happily. "Even if she's not working for us anymore, I'm happy my dad managed to contact her again."

"That's good. I'm happy for you, and her. Anyway, when do you want to meet?" Riku asked, yawning right after.

"How about we hang out in the library until the time I reserved it? It's around seven or eight," Sora told him, hoping that he would agree.

"That's fine," Riku told him, smiling just hearing Sora. "I'll get ready, and meet you over there. Bye."

"Bye!"

When they hung up, Riku turned to see Axel and Roxas asleep, holding onto each other. Riku quietly left the room, purposely leaving the dished in there for Axel to wash later.

"Now, to actually get ready."

A/N: Hello. Would anyone want a Q&A or something similar when this is over? If so, let me know and I'll make special part just for that lol if not, that's fine. I'm also going to be off for a while. Not sure until when but maybe around a month, until April or so. I'm so sorry for making you wait that long but I'll make it up to you guys by making the next chapter longer than this.