Chapter 6

Riku woke up in a bad mood. Everything got him upset. When Axel had called, he didn't bother answering. He got up and went to take a shower. After that, he got dressed and brushed his teeth. When he was done, the front door was suddenly slammed open, making Riku jump. He cautiously walked out of the bathroom and grabbed the first thing he saw in the kitchen. A pan. He felt like that one princess with the long hair.

Riku walked to the front door, and scowled when he saw Axel. He threw the pan on his couch, and watched as Axel walked inside.

"Axel, what the fuck?" Riku growled.

Axel looked up, and glared.

"Riku, if you're going to do something, do it right. You're late," Axel told him.

Riku gave him a confused look. What was he late for? As annoyed as he was for Axel barging into his house, he was curious.

"Axel. How did you get in here, and why did you walk in like it's your house?" Riku inquired.

Axel's glare disappeared, and he raised a key on an anime character keychain. Roxas' favorite character and anime. Riku sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Does Roxas know you have his key? It isn't nice to steal from your boyfriend," Riku told him.

"Probably not. I just have one question before I drag you out of here," Axel told him. "Why the hell don't I have a key to your house?"

Riku rolled his eyes.

"Because you never asked for one, you idiot. And Roxas is a childhood friend, and sometimes I call him to comfort me about certain things," Riku answered a bit uncomfortable.

Axel noticed, and didn't push the subject. He was curious, yes, but he didn't want to force Riku into talking. However, Riku seemed like he could talk, and that he wanted to tell his best friend.

"I haven't had any dreams about my mother's death but I used to, so when my dad wasn't here, Roxas would come and help me get through it," Riku explained in a mumble.

Axel nodded, but didn't do anything else. He stood there, until he rolled his eyes as at his own awkwardness. He walked to Riku, and pulled him into a hug. Riku was surprised, but having remembered those dreams, he couldn't help but hug the other teen back. Axel felt a few tears soak through his shirt, but he didn't mind.

When Axel was sure Riku was fine, he pulled away and saw Riku laughing bitterly.

"I haven't cried for a long time. I can't believe I still cried, and over just remembering those dreams," Riku said.

"Nah. Riku, the fact that you cried means that you still miss her and you cared deeply for her. You still do," Axel told him.

"But," Axel said, and decided to get Riku's attention on something else, "you told me you were going to help for Akishima's contests. And you're late."

"What do you mean?" Riku asked.

Axel sighed exasperated. "Akishima decided it was a good idea to start organizing early."

"Stupid idiot," Riku mumbled.

"Well aren't you a sweet ball of sunshine," Axel said sarcastically. "What's got you so upset?"

"The sun."

Axel raised an eyebrow in a confusion. What did the sun have to do with this?

"It woke me up," Riku mumbled and walked away.

Axel laughed, and followed him. However, Riku knew he would, and slammed his bedroom door close.

"Stay there and wait until I'm done getting my stuff. And until I'm in a better mood," Riku said.

Riku's voice was a bit muffled but Axel still heard it. He understood though, since he had to deal with Roxas' constant bad mood. Axel could say they were practically twins.

After a few minutes, Riku came out. His hair had been pulled back into a low ponytail, but his unnatural spikes still showed. His bangs were still covering his face, despite the many times Axel had told him to cut his hair.

"Better?" Axel asked.

"Not really. Everyone is going to piss me off today, but whatever. Let's go," Riku mumbled and pulled Axel's arm.

Once outside, Riku locked his door, and Axel picked up his bag. They headed to school quietly, Riku's stomach being the only sound. Axel turned, making the biggest effort to not laugh, but seeing Riku's face so serious with a slight blush, he couldn't help it.

Riku glared, and snatched Axel's backpack. He knew the redhead had food in there. He always did. He grinned when he found bag of cookies. Three, actually. He took one, returning the bag to Axel. The other glared.

"They were for you anyway. I know you miss breakfast sometimes," Axel told with, looking forward.

"Yeah, sometimes. Like today for example. An idiot barged into my house and dragged me out," Riku mumbled and stuffed the cookies in his mouth. "These are good."

"Alice makes the best sweets," Axel said with a grin, ignoring what he said before.

"Alice is sweet herself. She's a really nice lady," Riku said.

"Definitely. By the way, Roxas told me he was already there," Axel told him.

Riku nodded, and put the remaining cookies in his bag. He placed it on his back again, and walked to the almost empty school.

"Riku. Didn't expect you here. Miss me that much already?"

Riku groaned when he heard that voice. He turned, and sure enough, Sora was standing there with his usual cocky grin.

"Leave me alone."

Axel turned to Riku, wondering why he pushed his crush away. He looked around for Roxas, but the blond was nowhere to be seen.

"Riku, I'm gonna look for Roxas," Axel told him and left.

Riku was about to say something, but Axel was gone. Riku turned to Sora, who had his back to him now.

"I hate you, Axel."