Chapter 24

The class ended, and to not cause problems with Tidus, he left right away. Someone ran after him, and touched his shoulder when they got close. Riku turned, and gave them a sharp glare but his gaze softened when he saw who it was.

"Kairi..."

She had her hands behind her back, and had a worried look on her face.

"What's wrong?"

She hesitated, then looked away. Riku sighed, and was about to turn away when Kairi spoke.

"I saw you and Tidus argue," she said. "You're not at fault. Tidus...he does have a crush on Sora, ever since they were in middle school."

"What's that got to do with me?" Riku asked in a monotone voice. "I honestly don't care what he thinks or does."

"Just don't listen to him," she told him. "He's jealous. He knows Sora likes you without even asking. And speaking of Sora, he wants to see you after school. By the park near the school."

"The one with the pool?" Riku asked, suddenly very interested. "Why?"

Kairi shrugged, and smiled. "I don't know."

The warning bell rung, and Kairi gasped.

"Gotta go. Hopefully you can meet up with Sora," she said, and ran to her classroom.

Riku frowned, and walked slowly to his class. He got there late, but Riku was too tired to care. He got lectured by his teacher, but he only looked the other way. As much as he wanted to have good grades and be a good student, Riku was tired of school. Not getting a good night's sleep last night didn't help his mood right now.

Lunch time came, and Axel and Roxas started to mess around. The table was a mess, making Riku laugh at the chocolate pudding covered Axel. He quickly cleaned himself, but a few stains were on his shirt and pants.

"That's not right, Roxas." Axel pouted, pulling his shirt. "I love pudding, but come on."

Roxas crossed his arms, and looked away. He let out a small laugh, but tried to stay as serious as possible.

"Your fault. You started it," he said.

Riku saw a teacher walking around, stopping at a few tables asking something. Riku bit his lip, and started to pick everything up. Roxas noticed, and tried to clean the pudding off. When the teacher got near them, she looked around but the table was clean now.

"You're juniors, right?" she asked, and they all nodded. "Right. So tomorrow, all juniors will go to the auditorium. There will be an announcement, but I'm looking for certain people."

When she said that, she looked towards Roxas. Her gaze then went to Roxas and Axel.

"I think you three meet the requirements," she told them after a while. "Can you tell me your names?"

Roxas made a face, and stood up. "What for?"

The teacher smiled. "Nothing bad. I just want for you to speak about what you want to do during your senior year. Like, any events or anything else."

Riku groaned, and put his head down. Axel laughed, and Roxas shushed him.

"Miss, I don't think I qualify," Axel spoke up, swatting Roxas' hand away from his face. "I have no idea what I will do."

"Me either," was Riku's muffled response.

"Don't look at me," Roxas said, sitting back down. "I can't speak in front of others, and I suck at planning events."

The teacher frowned, then brightened up. "Okay then, how about making a club?"

"A club?" all three of them said.