Chapter 17

Riku woke up on the floor, with no blanket and no pillow. He sat up, and ran a hand through his hair while looking at the bed. Roxas was curled up in the middle, making Riku wonder if he had fallen on his own-which never happened-or if Roxas had pushed him off before curling up. Either way, the floor was not the most comfortable place to sleep.

With a yawn, Riku went to shower after getting his clothes. He did his morning routine with the least amount of noise. By the time he was done, Roxas was just getting up. He looked around, as if he was confused on where he was. When his eyes met Riku's, he sighed.

"You still want me to go?" he asked.

"Go with Sora? Yeah."

Roxas groaned, and laid back with his arm covering his eyes. Riku walked to the bed, and pulled Roxas off. The smaller teen fell off, and glared at Riku.

"You know what, Riku? I'm fine here. That didn't even bother me," Roxas told him, but the flinch Riku saw told him otherwise.

Riku crouched next to him, and Roxas turned the other way.

"I saw that flinch, and pained expression," Riku told him with a small laugh. "Sorry."

"I hate you."

"Right. But get up!" Riku tried pulling Roxas up, but the blond teen didn't get up.

"Stop!"

Roxas got his hand out from Riku's grip, making the other fall backwards.

"Okay, now I will get up!"

With that, Roxas ran to the bathroom and locked himself inside. A few seconds later, he opened the door just a bit, and peeked out.

"Riku?"

Riku stood up, brushing his pants, and crossed his arms.

"Yeah?"

"I need clothes."

Riku sighed, and went to his closet. He took some out, and threw them to Roxas, who was already outside the bathroom.

"You only have those, and one more outfit here," Riku told him. "If you're staying, bring more."

Roxas nodded, then went back inside. Riku left his room, and went to make breakfast. Roxas didn't take long, and walked down to the kitchen. Riku put the plates on the table, and they started eating. They ate in silence, save for Riku's small jokes.

"So how are we meeting up with Akishima?" Roxas asked, taking their plates after finishing.

"I know where he lives. He knows I'm going. I hope."

"Fine. I'll go somewhere else," Roxas said, and stood up.

"What do you mean?" Riku asked, leaning close to him.

"I'll leave you alone?" Roxas rolled his eyes. "I'm just going to bother you."

Riku tugged at a spiked up blond lock of hair. Roxas yelped in pain, and swatted his hand away.

"What was that for?" Roxas exclaimed, rubbing the part Riku pulled.

"Stop it. You'll stay with us," Riku told him, then smiled. "Sora will talk to you too."

"Not like I care. I just want to stay," Roxas muttered, then yawned. "Besides, my dad is coming soon. I have to talk to Namine and her parents."

"Who's Namine?" Riku asked.

"Oh. You know what blond girl who I sometimes talk to? The one who always has a sketchbook in her hand," Roxas explained, and Riku thought for a moment before nodding. "Her. I...my mom and her parents decided to arrange something for us."

"Arrange what?"

"Marriage. It's stupid, but yeah. That's what they did."

"Why would she do that? I doubt any reason is good," Riku mumbled. "No offense."

"Obviously, none taken. I also believe my mom doesn't have an actual reason," Roxas replied. "Money? Trying to make me like girls? Those are stupid reason, and I bet that was what my mom was after. Especially that last reason."

Riku bit his lip. Roxas was getting worked up, and that wasn't a good thing. Not after what his parents told him the day before.

"Let's go."

Roxas jumped when he felt Riku's hand on his shoulder. The older teen wasn't looking at him, instead he looked towards the door, as if he wanted to leave already. Which he did.

"Right...Sorry about that," Roxas mumbled as he stood up.

Riku turned to him with a gentle smile. "Don't worry about it. I bet you're still upset. I'm sorry I kept prying into your business."

"Listen, idiot." Roxas narrowed his eyes. "I'm glad someone hears me out, and puts up with me."

Riku frowned, but Roxas wasn't done talking.

"If getting rid of this feeling of being lonely, and feeling more calm means you have to pry, then so be it. Do it," Roxas said. "But I'm sorry if I ever snap at you. You know I don't mean it when I'm angry."

"Well...this unexpected," Riku muttered.

Roxas titled his head, and crossed his arms.

"What is?"

"I thought I would do most of the talking, but as always you decide to be the one that gets more emotional," Riku said, laughing at Roxas' face.

"I do not get emotional!"

""I am me! Nobody else!" Remind me who said that when you talked to your parents?"

Roxas' face resembled a cherry by now. He slapped Riku's arm, and walked away.

"That was a serious conversation. Don't make fun of it."

Riku rolled his eyes, and ran to grab his stuff. He played with his keys while he went to the door. He locked the door, and quietly started walking again. Riku made sure that Roxas was following him, and when their eyes met, Roxas glared.

"This....thing you two are doing, how long is it? When will it end? You'll probably drag me into this more than once," Roxas said, glancing at Riku's face.

"He said a week, so maybe four to six days," Riku answered. "If you don't want to come next time, I won't force you."

"Then why am I here with you today?" Roxas asked, glaring at his friend.

"Because."

Roxas frowned. "That's not an answer."

Riku sighed, and kicked a rock. He put his hands inside the pockets of his hoodie, and shrugged.

"Don't know. I just don't want you to be alone. That's all," Riku told him.

"But I'm fine."

"But yesterday...you know what. You're right. I'm sorry." With that, Riku ran ahead.

Roxas raised an eyebrow. He was really confused by his answer. He saw Riku ring the door bell in some big fancy house. Soon after that, Sora came out. Roxas took his time to get there, but he could still tell that they were talking about something.

When he got close, Sora gave him a big grin, and waved. Roxas only attempted a smile, and looked away.

'This is going to a great day,' Roxas thought to himself sarcastically.

What Roxas didn't know was that he would enjoy it, and even meet someone he really wanted to see.

A/N: Hey, um...I'm sorry I take so long with updates. But fear not, my dear readers, this will be completed. I plan on finishing this one next. My other fanfics will wait. Also, I have published another KH fanfiction. It's called "The bitter taste of revenge".