Chapter 38

"A year later, and I haven't been able to see you."

Just as Sora had said, he moved out as soon as he could, though they had moved back to their old just a few days ago to see his cousin he never knew he had. He was packing his stuff, ready to go to his college dorms. For now, that's where he would live until he managed to get his own apartment and pay rent.

His parents, despite disagreeing with his choice, still paid and helped Sora with college.

"Alright, Sora," his dad said, startling the newly adult. "We're going to see the potentially new CEO candidate."

Sora noticed he said it through gritted teeth, and sighed. He kind of felt bad, but he just couldn't do something he didn't feel like. That would make it difficult for everyone.

"S-sure."

"Don't stutter, that isn't a trait of someone with confidence," he said, and turned to walk away.

Sora let out a sigh, and closed his suitcase. He loved his parents, a lot, but they were too strict. He looked around his room, and already missed being there. His eyes landed on three unopened video games, and unread books. He never read them or played the games.

He went to get them, and put them inside. After, he heard his parents yell his name. He called back with a, "coming!" and ran after giving his room a last look. He was coming back for his stuff, but there would be no time to look at it one last time so he took that opportunity now.

The ride there was long, so Sora spaced out. After Aiden did that to him, Sora tried to keep his distance. Tried to was the key word. Aiden and Daniel mostly, followed him around without saying anything. Aiden always seem to be fidgety, and Daniel always pushed him away when he whispered in his ear.

Sora paid no mind, until he was tired of it. He told the teachers, and also told them about what he did before that but he forgot what had happened after. He did remember fighting him once, and almost getting expelled. Sophia had been cornered by the whole group, and Sora and her best friend ended up fighting the whole group. Granted, they kind of lost but teachers intervened so there was no way to know. When he put it that way, he laughed.

Sophia's friend had become good friends with Sora, and the three of them hung out everyday after school. They told each other stories from their friends, and stories from their horrible middle school years and experiences. His name was Haru. He was very shy, and sweet.

Sora wondered why Sophia and Haru never talked to others, but he understood why when they started talking. They were betrayed by someone who they thought was their closest friend. After that, they decided that they wouldn't trust anyone.

"But you're different. You just have this friendly aura around you. Like you won't judge."

They all had different colleges they wanted to attend to, and only Sora got in the one he wanted. Haru and Sophia ended up going to their second choice, which wasn't bad. The two were really close for first.

Sora was really going into college without knowing what he actually wanted, but he was sure he would figure it out when the time came. Haru told him that it was fine, he also didn't have a plan yet. Sophia, on the other hand, took up nursing.

Sora was snapped out of his thoughts when they stopped in front of apartments. He blinked rapidly in confusion when he saw a spiky blond haired guy peek through the window.

He looked like...

"There's no way," Sora mumbled, laughing nervously.

They got out, Sora following silently and awkwardly behind. This was his cousin, the one he had never met and the one he had never heard about. He had a strange feeling. His father knocked, and his mother rolled her eyes. She had her arms crossed, and looked very upset.

"Why are we even here? I know I suggested it, but it was just that. A suggesion. I never thought you would actually do it," she said. "She'll never accept."

"He's probably 18 by now. He can choose," his father responded, and glared back at Sora who purposely yawned loudly.

He turned back to the door, and knocked. It took a while, but someone finally opened the door. Sora had never seen him before, but those eyes that looked at them with confusion reminded him of someone. Of two, actually.

"Yes?" he spoke softly, a bit nervous at seeing such powerful people. "How may I help you with?"

Sora tuned out the rest, which was his father asking for his mom's sister. He kept thinking about what he was going to order to eat for lunch. That is, until the door closed.

"W-what?"

His father turned to him and explained, "he's going to call his son. His wife and him divorced about a year ago, which means your mom won't see her."

"Good thing though," his mom said, shrugging. "She didn't like me. She didn't anyone to be honest."

"But...?"

"Okay, that's not entirely true," his mom corrected herself with a sigh. "There were people she did like, but her personality was kind of harsh. That's why she left, and never contacted us. She just didn't agree with us most of the time."

Sora let out a small, "oh" and nodded.

The door opened again, and Sora saw the same man looking at them with nervousness clearly written on his face again. Sora could understand, having strangers come and tell him that they are related and they want to know if his son is interested in taking over a company was a shock. It was also a problem to actually believe what they were saying.

Though Sora knew he only brought his son because he knew he wouldn't agree. He could've honestly just slammed the door in their faces, and not open it again.

"Here he is, and I explained but he said no. I mean, you have to understand that this is hard to believe," the man told them. "I can't completely believe you, but my son refused anyway."

When he moved, Sora almost fell from shock. The blond blue eyed teen glared at them, his phone tightly clutched in his hand. He turned his gaze to Sora, and groaned.

"No fucking way. Sora?"

"You are-"

"You know each other?"

"That's Roxas!"

A/N: Hello. I have no life and fanfictions are everything...

Expect more frequent updates. I may update more often. I already got stuff written.

I got this idea from a comment from before. Yes, I read and reread comments... Sometimes I reread them.