Chapter 44

Sora frowned, looking out of his car. Despite knowing how to drive, his parents, especially his dad, wanted to take him to and from his college today. He did everything he needed, and came back. He checked his phone for the millionth time, and sighed. Nothing from Riku yet.

After a few minutes, he decided to text him again. But for some reason, he went to the calls and called his number. He quickly realized his mistake, and hanged up. He let out a small scream, making his dad raise an eyebrow and look back. Sora gave him a sheepish smile, then started texting Riku but the other responded first.

"Well what do you like to do? There's gotta be something worthwhile I can help if you need it? Whenever you have time to hang out and wherever you want"

Sora tried to remember the "dates" they had, but couldn't remember. It was a hazy, like a memory he forgot but tried to keep hanging onto the last bit of it. He hadn't thought much about it, but he did grasp the last bit of what he did remember. He sighed, not succeeding in remembering.

"Who's turn was it...? We still need to finish the week. I'll wait for your response at the end of it. I won't listen to it until then"

Sora thought for a moment, trying to think of a day they could hang out. But seeing as they hadn't seen each other for about two years, Sora wanted it to be soon. So with that in mind, he texted him back without actually thinking if he could. He just wanted to see Riku.

"How about tomorrow? I'm heading back today so I hope you have time"

"And about what I like, I honestly don't know. The only thing I've thought about besides the business stuff my dad has said was organizing but who knows?"

Sora glanced up at his dad. Yeah, he was upset, but he knew his dad had been very excited for Sora to take over the company. He didn't want to, and because of that, his dad had told him to go to college. He didn't know what to do, so for Sora, that was wasted time and wasted money.

The brunet let out a long sigh, and turned off his phone. After a few minutes, he got a response. A long one at that.

"Then why don't you do just that? In my opinion, you're a great organizer. You managed to organize that competition in high school and got the whole damn school in it. You convinced the teachers, who some were a pain, but you did it. I'll support you no matter what. If your parents don't, I promise to always be there with you. Screw the world, you can depend on me. I don't know what I want to do, but if you don't want to do it by yourself, then I can help. Maybe I'll get into something and get my own career but remember this. I won't leave you. If you fall behind I'll wait for you. So don't give up Sora. If you like being an organizer then go for it."

"I gotta go. Talk to you in an hour. The three idiots are acting up again."

Sora turned off his phone, and covered his face. Tears slipped down his cheeks against his will. He was happy. No, more than happy. Riku was such a great guy, and he didn't deserve someone like him. Especially after treating him like trash the first few days of his new year.

"It was more than two years ago."

That's what he kept telling himself, but saying that wouldn't erase what he did years ago.

"You alright, son?" His dad called, not taking his eyes from the road, but Sora was fine with that. "Sora, I might've been harsh and strict but you know I love you, right?"

"Yeah," Sora said, laughing. "Me too. It's nothing. I just...how do I forget the things I did some time ago that were bad?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like...the way I treated others, the things I said, things like that," Sora told him, trying to not sound too worried about it, though his dad knew.

"I would say you can't," his dad said, and glanced at him, seeing the way Sora slumped down in his seat, "but that doesn't mean that they arw memories that are bad. You learn from your mistakes, and you grow as a person."

"But how would I grow from that?"

"Well, you now realize that what you did isn't good, and so did I," his dad continued, "and by that, we also learned that just because a person isn't like us, it doesn't mean that they're bad people."

"I see..."

"I hope you don't think too much of it," his dad said. "I don't think Riku does."

"R-Riku?!"

His dad only gave him a smile, but didn't say anything. Sora was still flustered, unsure of how his dad knew who he was thinking about. After a long ride, they reached their house, and Sora all but ran to his room. It felt empty, but in less than two weeks he would leave. How long did he plan to stay, he wasn't sure. He knew Riku would help in though, and he was sure his parents too.

"Gah! Why am I so complicated?!" Sora exclaimed, throwing himself face first onto his bed. "Why can't I choose one thing and be happy with it?"

After that, he got a notification. He reached for where his phone had fallen, and barely managed to touch it. When he grabbed it, he checked and smiled at who it was from. Riku.

"Kei left and I'm sad. Yeah, he was way too mischievous, but not annoying. He left with such a sad face. Do you think he's feeling down? I know he had low self esteem but I thought I made him feel better."

"Maybe I just wasn't a good enough friend"

"He did tell me something about himself that was hard for him to say a while ago, so maybe he does think I'm a good friend"

Sora frowned. Kei seemed like a really happy guy, but he remembered that some people just smiled past their insecurities. But Kei, he was an amazing person. Sora couldn't think of another word to describe Kei. He bit his lip as he sent a message.

"He must've been happy with you three. You're all full of care, there's no way anyone would think of you as bad friends. None of you.

You all are amazing..."

A/N: oof I didn't think senior year was going to be this hard I got through the first semester but help...I hope I pass my last semester lol hope you enjoyed this chapter!