Chapter 57

Kei stood in front of Haru, faces really close, in the kitchen, and the other poor boy was being basically being pushed back onto the counter. The taller male's stare was so intense that Haru started to feel uncomfortable. Kei eventually backed off, allowing Haru to move, and huffed like a kid.

"You and Sophia seem like nice people, but," Kei started, crossing his arms and giving him a look of distrust, "hurt my friends and Sora, who is also my friend, and you'll see the worse side of me and have problems with me."

"Look, Kei, I'm not a bad person," Haru told him, the tone of his voice bothering Kei since it was nice to listen to, but Haru shook his head. "All I want is to get to know you guys, even if I may not look like it. I'm just a person who takes a while to open up, I'm sorry. I like Sora too, he's my friend."

"I'm just saying. Also, don't apolgize for the way you are..."

With that, Kei grabbed a few bags of chips and some drinks and left.

How did Haru get caught up in this conversation, and why was Kei so upset? Well, here's what happened earlier.

Even after the arrival of the other three, they continued playing. Axel let Sophia play, and she gladly took it. She was just as good as Kei, but he wouldn't lose. Roxas also wasn't going to be left behind, and ended up beating them.

Kei rolled his eyes, but had a smile anyway. They played like that for a bit, taking turns, while Kei tried making conversations with Sophia and Haru, but Haru seemed really reserved and quiet. It kind of bothered Kei a bit. He didn't really answer him, just staring at the tv where the screen displayed the game being played.

When it was his turn again, they were changing the game. Kei was sort of good, but this time, the best at it, was Roxas and he was taking revenge by not letting Kei win. He even lost the team battles just to see Kei lose, but then would help him the next round. Roxas loved his friend too much to be too mean towards him.

The game ended, and the controller was passed to someone else.

"I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry."

Kei dropped the controller in front of him, and crossed his arms over his knees and put his face on top of them. He complained about his stomach, and Riku sighed.

"Fine, go get something from the kitchen," he told him, bringing his knees to his chest. "You don't need to complain or ask for permission."

Kei let out another groan, but got up anyway and dragged his feet to the kitchen. When he was gone, someone's stomach growled, and they immediately knew who's it was by the red face. Riku laughed, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You too, Haru, you can go get something," Riku told him, and Haru nodded shyly. "But don't let Kei bother you, he's stupid."

Haru looked down, and shrugged.

"I can hear you!"

Haru only went into the kitchen, and tried to avoid making eye contact with Kei, making the other assume he didn't want to talk to him.

"You know, I actually took interest in you," Kei said, his back facing the quieter male. "If I were me two years ago, I wouldn't even consider asking you this but..."

Kei turned, glaring. Haru flinched slightly.

"...what's your problem?"

"Excuse me?" Haru's gaze hardened. "My problem?"